+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Christina Aguilera

Thanks

Christina Aguilera

Post stuff about the new album in here!

Tricky Stewart says still-untitled album is ‘one of her best.’

Christina Aguilera may have finished work on her new album, but that doesn’t mean she’s rushing to get it into stores. Producer Tricky Stewart, who worked with Aguilera on the still-untitled album, reveals that she wants to film her new movie, “Burlesque,” before she puts the LP out there.

“The album is finished. She’s mixing. She hasn’t made a final decision about what the first single is, but I know everyone feels good about their options,” he told Rapup.com. “She’s gonna do the film first. She didn’t want to not be able to promote this record because it’s gonna be a big record for her.”

Stewart, who has worked with everyone from Beyoncé to Rihanna, thinks that this album, like so many of Aguilera’s in the past, shows another side of the singer. “It’s just great. I wouldn’t say that it’s alternative, I wouldn’t say that it’s different,” Stewart explained. “Christina’s always been an artist that moves the bar and that’s what the great ones do. They don’t stay in the same place for too long, and this album is just another move for her.”

As for collaborations, Aguilera has already talked about working with M.I.A. and Santigold on the album, but Stewart is revealing that she also hit the studio with another unexpected artist. “I know that there’s a lot of other cool features, like I know that she has Santigold and Flo Rida on there,” he said. “I put Flo Rida on my record because I love what he does. I think sometimes he doesn’t get credit for being as dope as he is, but he’s really dope.”

Aguilera went retro for her Back to Basics album, and she’s already touched on her love of the future on her song “Keeps Getting Better.” But according to Stewart, this album harks back to her work from seven years ago, when she went a bit raunchy.

“I really feel it’s one of her best bodies of work that I’ve heard since Stripped. I think it’s really, really amazing and I think it’s well put together,” he said. “She’s mixing it up again. She’s singing R&B again, she’s doing pop. She’s doing it all, but she’s found a way to make it all meet in the middle because she’s so many different things.”

As for Aguilera’s ability to change up her musical style, Stewart credits that to her natural abilities as a singer. “She’s a real serious musician, she’s a real serious pop artist, and she’s a real serious singer,” he said. “She’s making all her audiences happy at the same time.”

Wonder when the movie will be done.

Thanks
    It starts filming in November. So roughly it might wrap around January/February ish, so I'd say being realistic, it's going to be a Summer 2010 release.

Thanks
    That's ages!!! Argh! Seems like we've already been waiting forever.

Thanks
    Cannot WAIT for this! "Back To Basics" had some gems on it, but "Stripped" was pretty much flawless.

I just hope the new album is a huge success, so she doesn't end up being.. the Toni Braxton of the 00's.

Thanks
    Cannot WAIT for this! "Back To Basics" had some gems on it, but "Stripped" was pretty much flawless.

I just hope the new album is a huge success, so she doesn't end up being.. the Toni Braxton of the 00's.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    Wonder when the movie will be done.
    Hopefully a long long time. *crosses fingers*

Make me your Freshie Idol!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Brett For This Useful Post:

Maury (11-16-2009)

Thanks
    fuck this bitch

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Useful Post:

Maury (11-16-2009)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Cannot WAIT for this! but "Stripped" was pretty much flawless.
    I adored that cd, and while her image was not my cup of tea during that aera, I still really enjoyed her. I haven't honestly enjoyed her/her music since. I'm hoping this album will be awesome and more like "Stripped". I have a feeling if this doesn't go well, she might be toast.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IStillLoveJ&B For This Useful Post:

ImpossibleSecret (11-12-2009)

Thanks
    I'm sure this album will be great! "Back to Basics" was a good album, it's just that the style of music allienated many fans. "Stripped" was fantastic! *can't wait*

Britney Fan Forever.

Thanks
    I think Back To Basics is so underrated! It just gets compared to Stripped but it's a great album in it's own right!

+ Reply to Thread