+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dell Computers

Thanks

Dell Computers

Anyone owned one before?

I bought mine in May and I LOVED it when I first got it. Now it just PISSES ME OFF.

I've had multiple keys fall off (and I have to fight them back on-I didn't buy the extra warranty because I never needed to before, now I wish I did). Now some of my keys don't work unless I pound them...like my ' button. SO annoying.

I've NEVER had a problem with a computer like this! All my others at least lasted years before issues popped up! I'm really disappointed...

Thanks
    Mine is Dell and I've had it over 3 years now (although it was in a box for a year), it's served me well. The monitor cable is going weird now and it keeps going off but that's all.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy For This Useful Post:

Angel (09-01-2009)

Thanks
    Thats all we have in our office, my pc and laptop are dell, my sis's laptop and my dads home pc as well...have had them for years (though i bought my pc a year ago and my laptop earlier this year) and we have never had issues...my dad's even bought some refurbished ones for work. All working just fine, no issues

Thanks Beth!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Matty For This Useful Post:

Angel (09-01-2009)

Thanks
    Once you go Mac, you never go back

But before this, I did have a Dell laptop. Admittedly it was just a cheap one, so I shouldn't complain too much. But it wasn't very good. It was heavy, got hot quite quickly, awful battery life, screen wasn't very bright... But then again, it was cheap and cheerful. We also had a 'family' computer, which was also a dell laptop. It was HUGE. Nice big screen, but that shit was loud.

If for w/e reason I decided to get a PC and not a Mac next time, I would definitely build myself one from Dell. I love how you can now customize them and make them look pretty, and they've had lots of improvements since I bought one.
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Neil For This Useful Post:

Angel (09-07-2009)

Thanks
    I wanted a mac sooo bad, but they're soooo expensive!!!

Maybe I just have a lemon. I'm so sad now...

Mine wasn't cheap, but it wasn't customized either. I should look into the manufacturer warranty. I dunno how long they are. I'm not even sure where my papers are! If I had a new keyboard, it'd be great! Everything else is fantabulous! Battery life, memory, hard drive...this damn keyboard is one defect after another. OH, and the mouse....it jumps around like it's psycho!

Thanks
    Dell uses the lowest end hardware (cheapest) to build their computers, thats why they are so cheap, so in the long run...you get what you pay for. My mom had a brand new dell that crapped out on her. I don't like Dell.

Blend by me!
    Wedding Slideshow

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Skillit. For This Useful Post:

Angel (09-07-2009)

Thanks
    I should go to the Dell place in Round Rock (just north of Austin) and throw it at them and say 'FIX IT NOW!' lol It's only like a 20 minute drive for me.

Thanks
    ^^ I would... I've heard they have good customer service. They sent my dad a new flat panel monitor when the one he got with his computer (not flat panel) crapped out on him.

+ Reply to Thread