+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ben & Jerry's

Thanks

Ben & Jerry's

In celebration of the historic development that beginning today gay and lesbian couples can marry in the state of Vermont, Ben & Jerry's has come up with a special ice cream name.

The company has renamed their yummy Chubby Hubby flavor to Hubby Hubby for the entire month of September.

The company states:

"Ben & Jerry’s has a long history of commitment to social justice, including gay rights. Its partnership with Freedom to Marry, a national leader in the movement for marriage equality, aims to raise awareness of the importance of marriage equality and to encourage other states to follow the blazing trails of Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Iowa, and Maine.

Ben & Jerry’s aims to raise awareness of the importance of marriage equality and, to show its support, will serve “Hubby Hubby” sundaes in Vermont Scoop Shops throughout the month of September."

Even Ben & Jerry's CEO, Walt Freese, is speaking out. He says, “At the core of Ben & Jerry’s values, we believe that social justice can and should be something that every human being is entitled to. From the very beginning of our 30 year history, we have supported equal rights for all people. The legalization of marriage for gay and lesbian couples in Vermont is certainly a step in the right direction and something worth celebrating with peace, love and plenty of ice cream.”

We're sure not everyone will agree, but we're definitely happy that B&J is setting such a good public example.

Showing your support for equality is always good!

LOL @ IT ESSENTIALLY BEING FUDGE AND NUTS AND MORE FUDGE. Very clever. Made me giggle. Shame it's only for a month, but it's still cool they're doing that.

What is everyone's favourite? They've been half price in our supermarket lately so I've stocked up on Half Baked & Phish Food. I've also bought a fudge brownie frozen yogurt which I've still yet to open.
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Neil For This Useful Post:

Angel (09-01-2009)

Thanks
    I did a report on Ben & Jerry's just last semester. Love them!

Thanks
    That is hysterical! I love the artwork. Though I've never even heard of that flavour before - it sounds revolting! Pretzels? Yuck!

My favourite is Chunky Monkey. I must admit I'm more of a Haagen Dazs kind of guy generally.

Make me your Freshie Idol!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Brett For This Useful Post:

Matt S (09-03-2009)

Thanks
    I want to buy some so I can save the container.. haha

Thanks
    It looks delicious!

Poor lesbians always get the shaft nowadays.

Thanks
    No no, WE get the shaft. Mhm.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew For This Useful Post:

Mike PP (09-02-2009)

Thanks
    I LOVE Ben and Jerry's! And that flavor is Chubby Hubby renamed. I've had it, and it's surprisingly delicious.

My favorite flavors are Chunky Monkey (!!) Mint Chocolate Cookie (!!!) and Oatmeal Cookie (!!!!). I also tried Triple Caramel Chunk for the first time last week and it is heavenly. Tastes like a chocolate caramel square. Mmmmm.

+ Reply to Thread