+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Feminine" Question for the Girls

Thanks

"Feminine" Question for the Girls

I wanted to give some "notice" for the guys so they don't get grossed out! LOL

When you get your period, do you sleep with a tampon or not? (If you're too shy/embarrassed/whatever to answer, you can message me, or not answer-whatever)

I was asking because I was reading something online about "how long a tampon should stay in" or something on one of those health sites and they were STRONGLY recommending to NEVER sleep in one.

At first I was like....what?!

I always have (well not always, but...). Mostly because I'm SO heavy (even on light days). But then I read more and more and was like maybe I shouldn't! They talk about bacteria build up, Staph infections, yeast infections, etc. I've never had any of that, but still............makes me want to reconsider.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (09-17-2009)

Thanks
    Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't...

Thanks
    Couldn't you sleep while wearing a pad instead? I always wear them when needed. I can't insert tampons correctly.

Thanks
    I never sleep with them, isn't it about about 4 hours max you're supposed to keep one in for? I think it's wiser to use pads at night.

Thanks
    ANGEL. I am not even kidding, I have wanted to make a thread asking this FOR MONTHS But I always chicken out!! So thanks!!!!!!

This is going to sound kind of crazy... but for the first 2-3 nights I put a tampon in and then set my alarm for like 4 or 5 hours later to take it out and put a new one in!!! I know that sounds insane, but I'm seriously so paranoid about leaving it in for 8-10 hours and getting TSS. I guess it's like a 6 hour MAXIMUM that it's okay to leave one in. I have friends that leave them in 6-8+ hours but again, I'm super paranoid about stuff like that!!! But at the same time, I feel sooo uncomfortable and like I can't move if I'm trying to sleep with just a pad... I won't go into more details, but basically I feel like when I'm ready to get up, I have to BOLT straight up with no rolling or whatever and runnnn to the bathroom in order to avoid "issues".

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gretch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I can't sleep in a pad either...like on light days, I'm still uber heavy!!! I wear tampons at night lately and last 6-8 hrs. But I've never had a problem with it but after reading the article, I got paranoid. Haha so I wondered what anyone else did. Sometimes when I have it in for so long, I'll take it out and just sit in a tub or pool for an hour so I 'feel' better...I dunno....

Welcome! I was worried no one would answer!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I've always worn a tampon throughout the night....Put one in RIGHT before bed...and take it out right when I wake up. I've never had any problems before but you never know what can happen. I HATE not wearing tampons now..HATE it..lol
    Don't take your organs to heaven, Heaven knows we need them here on earth

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rachel For This Useful Post:

Angel (09-18-2009), IStillLoveJ&B (09-17-2009), Melissa (09-17-2009)

Thanks
    honestly i dont worry about it... i have had my period for 10 years and have worn a tampon through the night 99% of the time... there are bad things that CAN happen..but i cant sleep in a pad... drives me nuts.

Britney Spears / Kristen Bell / Emma Roberts / Jamie Spears / Carrie Underwood / Lauren Conrad

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melissa For This Useful Post:

Angel (09-18-2009), IStillLoveJ&B (09-17-2009)

Beth is offline Stars in our eyes cuz we're having a good time Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness.
    Watervliet, New York, United States, 1.04004759636E+14, Watervliet, New York
    Thanks
    I never have- my mom knew someone who died from TSS (toxic shock syndrome), which is what you get when it's in too long, soo....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Beth For This Useful Post:

Angel (09-18-2009)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth View Post
    I never have- my mom knew someone who died from TSS (toxic shock syndrome), which is what you get when it's in too long, soo....
    most of the time through it runs in the family so the chances are super low unless u leave it in for like a whole day which is gross anyways.

like i had a friend who's mom has it so she isnt able to wear one because of the high possibility that she could have the same thing...

Britney Spears / Kristen Bell / Emma Roberts / Jamie Spears / Carrie Underwood / Lauren Conrad

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa For This Useful Post:

Angel (09-18-2009)

+ Reply to Thread