+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Facebook not working well?

Thanks

Facebook not working well?

Okay so randomly for the past 2 days, Facebook hasn't been working well on my laptop. It's taking things forever to load and a lot of things are just off or not working well on the site. Like when I go to write a message to someone, the text/typing box doesn't get longer as it normally does and should, so if my message goes longer than 4-5 lines, I can't see what I'm writing past that. And a few other things.

It's not a big deal right now because I can just hop on my mom & dad's desktop, but I'm leaving for college in about 2 weeks so I need to figure it out before then.

I noticed that it started messing up after I installed Skype. I don't know if that would have anything to do with it, but I notice that there are lots of Skype-related icons and things like to call people next to people's names and anytime there's a phone number shown, so I can call it.

Any ideas??

Update: Twitter isn't working well either The "Update" button is just always gray so it's not click-able. UGH.
    Last edited by Gretch; 08-19-2009 at 01:36 PM.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    If things are unclickable/dont change when you type etc. it might be a problem with your internet connection? I've got Skype on my computer and use Fbook as well but it hasnt given me any trouble? But I do have the same problems when my net acts up?
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    Facebook has been taking forever for me to load as well...but no other site is.
    So maybe it is Facebook?

Thanks
    I've been having problems with twitter as well.
    Sometimes, it just WON'T let me follow somebody. It will give me the spinning loading animation... and then nothing.
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I've been having problems with twitter as well.
    Sometimes, it just WON'T let me follow somebody. It will give me the spinning loading animation... and then nothing.
    Yeah Twitter does that to me too, I have to click like a million times to accept or deny someone's request to follow me.

I don't think it's my whole connection because places like this and other forums & websites I go to work completely fine. But there is also this other weird thing that's happened since I installed Skype... it used to be when I opened a new tab, I would just start typing without clicking anything and it would automatically start typing in the URL box. But now I have to click in the URL Box, if I start typing nothing happens. I know that's minor, but it's really bugging me.

Thanks
    A lot of the time lately, my pictures and stuff won't load on Facebook or it will take FOREVER. So annoying.

Twitter just started working properly for me yesterday.

Ugh, technology and my addictions.

Lana is offline i'm gonna fight for you tonight. close your eyes. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness.
    Thanks
    Sometimes, my FB takes a little while to load, but lately it's been alright.

Chalk it up to lessons learned
    Miles walked and bridges burned
    Just another memory in the back of my mind
    Lock it up, throw away the key
    Forget the things you promised me
    Just another thing I can't forget
    Just another thing I won't forget

Thanks
    Ughhh mine's been like, worse. It takes 10 million hours to load on Firefox, so then I use Internet Explorer but I can't write on people's walls, comment photos, or watch videos when I'm on it on IE. And I can't edit my interests and things like that on either Firefox or IE now. And I can't sign in on Twitter. So I basically hav to use my parents' desktop for those 2 sites.

I don't even know how to go about fixing it because it just happened so suddenly. I need to "clean up" my laptop before I go away to school anyway because it has so much junk on it and the battery only lasts for like 30 minutes because I have so many random things running at all times. So maybe that will help??

+ Reply to Thread