+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you eat more or less healthy than your friends?

Thanks

Do you eat more or less healthy than your friends?

I'm just wondering because I've been thinking a LOT about this recently.

Basically anytime I'm with a group of friends, everyone PIGS out... whether we go out to a restaurant or are just snacking at someone's house. I wouldn't call any of my friends fat at all, but some of them have a little extra junk in their trunks. Most of them played sports and stuff all through high school so it's not like any of them are unhealthy and super chunky. I have 2 friends that are both pretty skinny, one just has a really fast metabolism and the other one is going to school to be a dance major so she dances so much. So both of them just pig out a lot too.

It just always makes me feel uncomfortable. Because I like to eat somewhat healthy and I try to work out a lot. It's so hard when I'm hanging out with like 5 friends and everyone works their way through like 3 bags of chips, popcorn, etc. And sometimes when we go out to eat my friends will be like "WHAT THE HECK GRETCHEN, STOP CARING ABOUT WHAT YOU EAT!" because I'll get some sort of grilled chicken or a salad instead of their huge burgers & fries. And then I feel really guilty and like I'm almost... boasting or showing off that I'm skinny? Because I'm one of the slimmest of my friends, and I'm also the shortest so they'll always freak out at me when I tell them how much I weigh because most of them are like 4 inches taller than me and not skinny anyway so I sound even smaller.

A lot of times I just say "Oh to the heck with it!" because they actually make me feel bad for eating healthy, so I'll eat a ton of ice cream with them or order some unhealthy meal.
    But then I feel so guilty and do like an hour of cardio the next day

I don't know, I just hate these dynamics of my circle of friends. Does anyone else have similar problems? Or even the opposite?

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    I think I've always eaten better than the majority of my friends, I remember once I ate a Pot Noodle when I lived in college halls and someone said "I thought you were too healthy to eat them!"

I think especially being around students a lot, they tend to eat pasta and pizza most of the time, lol. I've always been brought up eating balanced meals and even though I do eat my share of junk I think I do have a pretty good diet.

Thanks
    Yeah I'm really worried that college will screw up my eating habits! But I'm going to try hard to keep good eating habits going. My dining halls have lotssss of options so that's good.

Thanks
    I eat so bad most of the time. But I have gotten better this summer. But I am sure I will be eating junk again when I move back to school next week!

I like to think that I am not fat! But that's my opinion. I am not a twig but I think I am healthy! I don't gain weight though but I need to start working out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nik For This Useful Post:

Gretch (08-06-2009)

Thanks
    I know exactly how you feel. My friends are all wicked athletic and they always eat anything they want and never gain anything... it's wicked annoying because we always all go out to McDonalds or KFC or Taco Bell and I end up eating all this junk that I don't want too. None of them eat healthy at all.. hopefully it catches up soon so I won't feel as bad ahahha
    Are you in?

Living in sin is the new thing...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Taylor For This Useful Post:

Gretch (08-06-2009)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gretch View Post
    Yeah I'm really worried that college will screw up my eating habits! But I'm going to try hard to keep good eating habits going. My dining halls have lotssss of options so that's good.
    College isn't an excuse to let your eating habits get messed up.

As for me, I am starting to eat healtier than my friends. I am watching what I eat and how much I eat. Weight loss has resulted.

we're all just a little lost...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lauren For This Useful Post:

Gretch (08-06-2009)

Thanks
    I eat much more healthy than my friends do. More healthy than anyone I know, actually. My diet consists mostly of tons of vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, and (grilled) fish and chicken. It used to create some friction between me and my friends -- they'd be like "Geez Tim, why can't you eat NORMAL things like we do". Normal? Right. Most of them have gotten used to it, though, and finally understand that I just feel much better when I eat the way I do.

I know it is very hard when you're young -- with peer pressure and whatnot -- but you should NEVER have to apologize for taking good care of yourself.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tim For This Useful Post:

Gretch (08-06-2009)

Kel Guest
    I like vegetables, but I dont really eat them often... and my mom puts so much oil when she cooks and I know that some of my friend's dont add any oil or maybe just a little...so that might make me a bit less healthy. But besides all that, I don't know and I don't care, I eat exactly what I like and how much I want, don't care about if it's giving tons of calories. And yeah, when I go eat out with friends then I rarely order anything healthy... hmmm..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kel For This Useful Post:

Gretch (08-07-2009)

Thanks
    Less, way way less!

BritneyFanForever

Thanks
    This is sooo different now that I'm at college! People pick at food in their rooms like all day and then aren't hungry for meals ever and I feel like such a fatty being the only one that wants to go to the caf. for lunch haha

+ Reply to Thread