+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Keith Urban & Taylor Swift Concert- 7/31

Thanks

Keith Urban & Taylor Swift Concert- 7/31

I need to go to bed since it's 1am, but OH MY GOSH. What a freaking experience.

I'll elaborate tomorrow but basically all you need to know is that Taylor is awesome, but more importantly, I was soclose to Keith Urban like 5 times and I finally TOUCHED HIM and I was on the big screen

SLGHKDJHGKJDHGDG.

My friend has siiiiiick pictures.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    Where's ur review Gretch?

To all my friends here..I love each and every one of you

Thanks
    Sorry! My friend STILL hasn't put the pictures on Facebook so I was going to wait until she put those up so I don't write up a whole thing and then have to add pictures at a later time.

But if she doesn't put them up during the day tomorrow, I'll do it tomorrow night anyway!

There's still no Youtube videos of me touching him or on the big screen haha THere are only like 5 YT videos TOTAL of Keith last night and only about 10-15 of Tay so I'm hoping people upload more soon There were definitely a ton of people everywhere recording video.

Thanks

Re: Keith Urban & Taylor Swift Concert- 7/31

OKAY HERE WE GO. Sorry this is sooo long but I don't want to write up a different one. I wrote this for the Carrie Underwood Fan Club and people always write very detailed reviews & things there...

----------------
    The most amazing non-Carrie concert I have ever witnessed in my life!!!! Sorry if this ends up being long & rambly haha but it was quite the experience!

So I know a lot of people saw my threads about desperately trying to win radio contests, get tickets on secondhand sites that weren't $200, etc.... my friend Michelle and I wanted to go to this show SO BADLY and we were honestly crying when I snuck out of my science class to buy tickets a MINUTE too late back in the spring... they sold out in about 4 minutes.

Her dad has seasons Celtic tickets and is friends with one guy that works in the Garden box office, so we were hoping he could help us out. The guy told us he would save 2 tickets for us if they released tickets while he was there. But he left at 4:00pm! So we drove into Boston at about 4:00, through TERRIBLE rains, everyone was going 15-20 mph on the highway and there were literally waves of water and rain blowing across the highway, no one could see anything. Then we later found out there were tornado watches too, so that was great to hear, HA.

We finally got in there at about 5:15 and we weren't sure what to do... Michelle's dad thought we should go to the box office and mention his friend Dwayne's name and see if that got us anywhere lol, but we got in line with about 5-6 other people. There was this really nice mom & daughter from Canada and they told us they had released a bunch of tickets at about 4:30, right before they got there. Michelle and I started freaking out because we thought we missed our chance. We started talking about how we should go about trying to bargain with scalpers and things like that.

But the Canadians and this other random guy were so nice & friendly and we chatted for awhile, and then all of the sudden at about 6:00, this lady CUT US ALL in line and went up and was like "...Do you have any more tickets?" and the guy was like "Oh yeah we just got a whole row released to us!"

And we all SCREAMEDDDDD hahahaha. We bought the tickets for about $85 each, which is exact face value with no stupid Ticketmaster charges. When we got the tickets we looked at them... FLOOR H ROW 1!!!!! That put us *dead center* in the 1st row of the 2nd section of floor seating!

I literally started crying! I have NEVERRRRRR been on the floor for a concert before, not even a Carrie concert! We had the most perfect view ever. Even though there were about 15 rows of people ahead of us, there was a 5-6 foot gap between our row and the next section in front of us so we could see fine over all the heads! And we were in the same row with the Canadians and the other nice people we had met in line, so that was pretty cool. We were all so excited & freaking out togeher haha. I kind of felt guilty because I have been talking to Jen from here and she was in my row but off to the side and she bought hers on Ticketmaster through the Keith Fan Club presale lol.

Okay, so here are some comments about the actual show...

Taylor Swift
    So she had her cute little Fearless intro video where celebrities talked about what Fearless meant to them. It was definitely very cool but I couldn't help thinking about how much more exciting and climatic Carrie's Carnival Ride introduction & entrance were hahaha.

She came out doing You Belong With Me. She basically did most of the same set as her solo tour, but she took out some elements... there was no marching band outfit, no rain during "Should've Said No", no "Hey Stephen", no Joe Jonas look-a-like, etc. Here are the songs she definitely did, not in this order though... I think I have all of them, it seems like a short list though? I only have 12 songs but she was on for about an hour and 15 minutes. She did a lot of stuff that took up a lot of time though, like the trash can drums during Should've Said No, and a whole lot of dramatic things during You're Not Sorry/What Goes Around

You Belong With Me
    Love Story
    White Horse
    Forever & Always
    You're Not Sorry
    What Goes Around (the Justin Timberlake song)
    Fearless
    Our Song
    Should've Said No
    Picture to Burn
    Tim McGraw
    Teardrops On My Guitar

She was so entertaining! Better than when I saw her in September with Rascal Flatts. Probably because she got to do a ton of songs. She added a lot more challenging runs and power notes to the songs and her voice honestly sounded very good. Her guitar & piano playing were great too. And I just love how she flips her hair around lol.

But... some things were a *little* over the top. I love Taylor, but she seriously had a lot of people around us rolling their eyes and getting annoyed. She stopped for almost 2 whole minutes after Tim McGraw to make her shocked "OH MY GOSH, FOR ME?!?!" face when people cheered & screamed like crazy for her. All of the little girls there were screaming and going crazy for her of course but a lot of the older people and parents were like "STOP IT ALREADY!" and then she did that to a minor extent too at least 2-3 other times. Again, I love Taylor and think she seems like an awesome girl and I don't think she was trying to be fake or anything, but it looked totally non-genuine because everyone guessed/assumed she does it every night.

But I LOVED her dramatic-ness (like her fierce faces, rolling up in the fetal position on the ground, etc.) It had people laughing haha, it was so funny! I don't know if she means for it to be funny but it was lol. I liked it, I wasn't like laughing AT her and trying to be mean, but it's just sooo over-the-top haha, she looked sort of posssessed at some points! Also, it made me realize how much I loooove Carrie's ramblings because Taylor's talk was mostly very scripted. Keith's sounded more off the cuff but he didn't talk too much either. There was no 2-3 minute rambling before DFTRM Hahaha.

Keith Urban
    Wowowowowow. I knew he would be good live, but I had NO IDEA how incredible he would be. He was absolutely amazing. It was honestly more of a rock concert than a country concert. It was so loud and he is absolutely INCREDIBLE at electric guitar. He had like 8 guitar changes I would say lol. And one of them would light up with these bright lights, it was so sick!!!!

He did basically all of his hits and was on for 2 hours, maybe a little longer. He didn't even do that many songs off of Defying Gravity... he did the 3 singles and opened with "Hit the Ground Running". Those are the only new songs I can vividly remember him doing, but maybe there were more I forgot.
    Other than those songs he did (NOT in this order and I probably missed a few):

I Told You So
    Stupid Boy
    Better Life
    Making Memories Of Us
    Once In a Lifetime
    You Look Good In My Shirt
    Tonight I Wanna Cry
    You're My Better Half
    Days Go By
    You'll Think Of Me
    Who Wouldn't Wanna Be Me
    Where The Blacktop Ends
    Your Everything
    Somebody Like You

He walked off stage and walked around the perimeter of the floor and set up on this TINY island stage that I hadn't even noticed and it was about 4 rows behind us!!! It was so amazing, I have never been that close to a live performer. He did 2 songs there I think and I honestly can't even remember what songs they were lol. I can go back and look it up or find video on YT and find out, but yeah it was AMAZING. And then for You Look Good In My Shirt, he set up in the Loge seating RIGHT by us and performed there! And when he left and went back up to the stage...

...I TOUCHED HIM!!!!!!! HIS BACK hahahaha. It was soooo sweaty and awesome lol. I didn't want to wash my hand. I freaked out and people were laughing at me but whatever!!!

Also, Better Life was like his final song and the guy with the camera came around and my friend and I got on the big screen!!!! I finally found video of it, but it's not the best...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8SuYg3eLyk
    That's us at the 0:11 mark

Of course my camera DIED before the show even started, so these are the pictures I mooched off my friend haha.
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6270352&ref=mf

I'm still trying to find video of me touching Keith, hopefully I'll find one :P

OH, also... Keith told us he & Nicole just took a 4 day trip to either Italy or Sydney (hahah I couldn't tell which he said!) and he was supposed to land in Boston at noon but he didn't until 7:30!!! Which was when Taylor came on!!! So I hope people didn't get jipped for his Backstage BBQ thing. I don't think he ever even soundchecked!

Thanks
    Aww I loved your review. I agree about Taylor, she gets too excited like she sees this everynight and people are going to get excited but you don't need to be like "OMGosh for me" seriously it get annoying after a while, anyways I still love her.

Keith Urban sounds like a wicked show to see.

To all my friends here..I love each and every one of you

Thanks
    Aww jealous. I love him. I saw him live before and it's just amazing!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel For This Useful Post:

Gretch (08-15-2009)

+ Reply to Thread