+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nine

Thanks

Nine

I think I had started a thread for this before we lost all that stuff...so here is a new one!! I have been watching this trailer almost daily, I can't even explain how excited I am for it!

And for those of you who don't know, every single lead actor in the movie has an Oscar.

Daniel Day Lewis
    Nicole Kidman
    Sophia Loren
    Judi Dench
    Penelope Cruz
    Marion Cotillard

also features Academy Award nominee Kate Hudson and you won't believe your ears listening to Fergie singing "Be Italian" during the preview.

Make me your Freshie Idol!

Thanks
    Yeah, I made a thread about this as well. CANNOT WAIT!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tim For This Useful Post:

Brett (07-31-2009)

Thanks
    I can't wait either. It looks amazing!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike PP For This Useful Post:

Brett (07-31-2009)

Thanks
    oh that looks like a fun movie

Thanks Beth!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Matty For This Useful Post:

Brett (07-31-2009)

Thanks
    The movie has been pushed back to Christmas Day - yuck. I do not want to wait that long! I'm DYING to see it.

To make our wait easier, they've released the full version of "Be Italian," and it's fantastic! You can listen to it here:

Thanks
    Hmm I saw it today (after months and months of dying to see it) and I really liked parts of it. Everyone was fab, the costumes and sets and colours were all gorgeous - it was just beautiful to look at.

Marion Cotillard stole the show for me, both of her numbers were highlights, especially her second one - wow, she is incredible. I NEED to see La Vie En Rose.

Most of my problems with it were with the musical itself...the songs aren't generally as strong as they need to be...there are only 3 or 4 that I'd like to listen to outside of the musical itself. All of the numbers are solos...there are no group numbers!!! WTF? Why would you get all of those women together on screen to stand there beside each other? I couldn't believe that they didn't have a big go at him at the end. And Guido's character sucks - you don't want him to have a happy ending because he's just not a good guy. He has no redeeming qualities haha. DDL doesn't really sing so much as talk the songs and his Italian accent isn't very impressive.

I would love to see it again though, there were some incredible moments. Be Italian (especially the end) was amazing amazing, Kate Hudson did a fab job of her song (though you could tell it was the new one written for the movie, the lyrics were quite contemporary compared to the rest of them) and like I said, Marion Cotillard's second number, You Take It All was FANTASTIC. I died. In a good way.

Judi Dench was fab too...I'm surprised P. Cruz is getting all the nominations for it, her role was kind of annoying, though her song was SUPER sexy. Nicole Kidman was good too but her role was really quite small, I can see why Catherine Zeta-Jones turned it down.

Anyone else seen it?

Thanks
    Here it comes out on January 21, I CANNOT express how excited I am about this movie, Rob Marshall is a GENIUS

Thanks
    I just got back from seeing it and I thought it was terrible. There were people leaving half way through and if my friend hadn't been too embarrassed we would have too. Don't waste your money peeps!

It was just boring. And the lead character is an arse so you couldn't care less what happens to him or if his stoopid film gets made. The only good bit in it was when his wife stood up to him. Marion Cotillard was by far the best person in it.

It just makes you wonder how so many good actors would have agreed to do it. Like Judi Dench... what was she thinking?

Thanks
    Wow...I am dying to see this BUT reviews are not all that great.

Britney Fan Forever.

Thanks
    I saw it today. I agree with Brett, some parts of it were F A N T A S T I C It was just MAGICAL. I thought the story line was a bit... I dunno, I think it was a good story but maybe it wasn't exploited or explained as much as it could have... I think Rob outdid himself though, his ability to make the musical numbers be an unforgettable experience is UNIQUE and EXTRAORDINARY

+ Reply to Thread