+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where The Wild Things Are

Thanks
    Saw it!
    It was good...I felt like some parts dragged though. It really is not a movie for children. Many small children in the theater kept bursting into tears.

Britney Fan Forever.

Thanks
    I saw it too and it wasn't what I was expecting at all! I need to see it again.

LOL Mario, there were lots of young children in the audience when I saw it and they didn't seem too bothered...though some of them kept asking questions.

I thought Max was perfect. The Wild Things were incredibly animated and the voices were all wonderful (though the recognizable voices were sometimes distracting.)

Spoiler:
    I thought it was strange that Max ran out into the forest and found the boat though...the forest is supposed to grow in his room, right? Haha, the book is so short, you'd think they'd at least honour it...though all the parts actually from the book were lovely. I was expecting more time with him at home at the ending.

Anyways, yeah...it was just really not what I had thought it was going to be like! Giving the wild things storylines and identities was very interesting but I wasn't prepared for it haha. I need to see it again.

Make me your Freshie Idol!

Thanks
    I need to read this book again...I seem to have forgotten a lot.

Britney Fan Forever.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Saw it!
    It was good...I felt like some parts dragged though.
    This! I like the heart of the story, but it was kind of a labor of love to stay interested. Or I could've just been really tired.

Thanks
    Just finished watching it!

I, too, definitely need to re-read this because I've forgotten SO much...however I did REALLY enjoy the movie. I feel like the movie really was a sum of its parts; from the cinematography/colour management etc. to voice acting and special effects <3 What I personally found most impressive, though, was the somewhat duality of the movie. I guess I can *sort of* see why some people might've thought it dragged on a little bit but that probably depends on the idea you begin with of what to expect from the movie. What I noticed was there seemed to be almost two major storylines- one for the kids and one for the grown ups. They managed to perfectly weave together fun and adventure for the kids, all whilst keeping this undertone of self-reflection and really 'humanising' all the characters.

I dunno, I just think it was a movie that really fell into place perfectly. There was something about it (other than the story itself, of course) that reminded me of the way children's movies were made when we were growing up. Very impressed!
    - D A V E -

+ Reply to Thread