+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Avril Lavigne

Thanks
    Yeah, didn't she split with Derek?

Anyways! She always talks so much about her music. I think she over-rationalizes things then convinces HERSELF that something is great when it's really just OK. I wish she could just be more instinctive and spontaneous and allow something to just create itself inside of her and come out, instead of being like "OK, today I'm gonna do THESE kinds of songs".

Also, I don't think she should be dissing the people who wrote those great songs for her at the beginning (The Matrix, basically) because they MADE her. Nothing she's done since comes anywhere NEAR the Matrix stuff commercially.

I can't see her ever making any NEW fans because she's just so average now.

Having said all of that, she is my secret pleasure as a celebrity sex object so IF she's done with Derek and she wants to experiment.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennifer For This Useful Post:

ImpossibleSecret (11-23-2009)

Thanks
    Avril's first single from her fourth album will be a song from the soundtrack Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland movie, titled "Alice Underground" and will be released in March.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    Avril's first single from her fourth album will be a song from the soundtrack Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland movie, titled "Alice Underground" and will be released in March.
    that just says to me. Cool. I can hear it now.

BritneyFanForever

Thanks

Avril on set of "Alice" Music Video

New Myspace Blog About "Alice"

Alice

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to check in and share a bit of what's going on with me right now. I am so excited! I feel very lucky to be a part of Tim Burton's new film Alice In Wonderland.

It all started off with me designing an Abbey Dawn/Alice In Wonderland collaboration for my fashion line at Kohls. I was working at the Disney offices going though graphic images from the movie for my designs and getting up to speed on the movie project. I was really inspired and excited about the film at that moment, so I asked Disney if they would like me to write the theme song for the film. They went back to Tim and he said yeah give it a go.

I was so excited when I got the news! I sat down on my piano immediately and wrote the song. I wanted to come up with something a little on the moodier side to fit his film. I think the piano adds a cool dramatic element to the song.

I met with Tim Burton and he played me some clips from his film. I finished the song and he really liked it and said he wanted to put it in the film as the first end credit song. OMG soooo cool! Hehe. Disney also wanted to use it as there marketing song around the film and so I shot a music video. So fun!!!!!

Working on this project was such a treat! It was such a great experience and Tim Burton was an absolute pleasure. He is very smart. I am so grateful for this opportunity...and can't wait to see the whole film!!!!

Love,
    Avril xo

"Alice" featured in ABC Family's first look... Ahhh I think I like the song more after watching this Plus if TIM effing BURTON liked the screaming it'll grow on me

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aaron For This Useful Post:

ImpossibleSecret (02-05-2010), Jonny (02-05-2010)

Thanks
    Song grew on me. I love the look of this film. Tim Burton is special!

BritneyFanForever

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ImpossibleSecret For This Useful Post:

Aaron (02-06-2010)

Thanks
    I think the song is great with the movie, but elsewise-I hate it.

+ Reply to Thread