+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trouble sleeping

Thanks

Trouble sleeping

*sigh*
    It's 4.27AM. I can't sleep
    What do you guys do when you can't sleep?

I just bought some cook books from Amazon. Whilst it made me feel a bit better, I'm still not feeling tired!
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

Thanks
    Aw I'm sorry Neil, that's like the worst feeling!!!! There have been a total of like 3 days over this summer I've had to get up in the 6-7am range and those were pretty much the ONLY 3 days I had trouble getting to sleep, of course!

I have a whole technique for getting myself really relaxed when I'm in bed and can't fall asleep. It's going to sound really generic & hokey but when I really stick with it, I almost always fall asleep after 5-10 minutes. But it's hard to be completely focused on it. I close my eyes and I try to think of the sound of waves or something relaxing like that. Then when I inhale and exhale, I could backwards VERRYYY slowly, like with each breath, from 100 and then back up to 100 if I need to. And it almost always works. But again, it's hard to stay focused on that and not start thinking about other things. If I think of one other thing or move and stir myself at all, I'm wide awake again.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gretch For This Useful Post:

Neil (07-25-2009)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gretch View Post
    Then when I inhale and exhale, I could backwards VERRYYY slowly, like with each breath, from 100 and then back up to 100 if I need to. And it almost always works. But again, it's hard to stay focused on that and not start thinking about other things. If I think of one other thing or move and stir myself at all, I'm wide awake again.
    it does work because I do that!

Rock n Roll

5. The Following User Says Thank You to onyxmaza For This Useful Post:

Neil (07-25-2009)

Thanks
    I usually think about what future tattoos I want or what I'm going to wear the following day and end up boring myself to sleep, but it works really quickly!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Isabel For This Useful Post:

Neil (07-25-2009)

Thanks
    Yeah, the more you can focus on something like counting down or even just your breathing itself, the less incessant thinking you do. I always try to just pay attention to my breath... how it feels, how it sounds... it helps to quiet the chatter of my mind. Sometimes it just takes some practice with doing it to make it more effective... so if it doesn't work at first, don't give up!

Thanks
    My mind races when I lay down to go to sleep. So I just make up a situation (what would I wear if I was to meet such and such) and bore myself with every single detail. But sometime it has the opposite effect and I am wide awake planning an event that will never happen haha

At school I have major issues sleeping but hopefully it will be better this year when I continue a routine of sleeping habits.

Thanks
    Eugh I always have a hideous time trying to get to sleep!

I can't do the whole counting thing because I'd be way too dedicated to it and sit there counting up until 1,500 and then backwards just to prove that I can!

If I really can't sleep I'll sit up and read a bit, it always soothes me (unless you've got yourself a real page turner!). And clich&#233; as it may sound, a warm glass of milk about 15 minutes before you go to bed really does the trick for me!
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    I go online for awhile. Then I lay in bed til I fall asleep.

Thanks
    I have the same problem. I'm up ALL night. Like right now, I took like a 2 hour nap at 4-5pm yesterday and I've been up since...I hate it.

Thanks
    Part of my problem with not being able to sleep is often because I'm not tired, during the summer at least. During the school year I almost NEVER have the problem of not being able to sleep because I was at school 7:30-2:00 and then I had 1 1/2 or 2 hours of soccer or track, and then I had to do all my homework.

So during the summer I really try to make sure I stay busy. I work out basically every day for anywhere from 30-90 minutes and I try to make sure I leave the house everyday, whether I have a babysitting job, go out with friends or run an errand. Because if I sit in the house all daying watching tv, reading, going on the computer, etc. then I am notttt tired when I try to go to bed at night.

I don't know if you're really busy and still have the problem of not being able to sleep, butttt yeah. I also make sure I don't sleep past 9 unless I went to bed really late the night before.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

+ Reply to Thread