+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Give me a break

Thanks

Thumbs down Give me a break

I don't know where else to put this. It's an interview of Spencer Pratt talking about his new rap thing he wants to do.

http://celebrity.myspace.com/index.c...celebrity.icon

Thursday, July 16th, 2009
    Spencer Pratt on Rap, God, and Spencer Pratt

Why on earth would Spencer Pratt make a rap album?
    To be honest, my whole life I've always been listening to rap music or reggae. But I never heard of rappers making billions of dollars, so being a rapper wasn't really in my crystal ball. It took people like 50 Cent to come along and, you know, he's on the Forbes list making $500 million, so I'm like, 'Wow, there can be a lot of money in this.'

So you're in it for the money.
    This is what I say to people: I'm not in the music industry. I'm in show business. So when people are like, "What are you doing coming into the rap game?" That's the wrong question. I'm already in the game I'm in, and that's pop culture and entertainment. I'm not coming in saying, "Oh, I'm the truth, I'm the biggest lyricist ever to walk on the Earth." I'm not trying to make music that changes history. No one is doing that anymore. Music has become disposable. You're lucky if your song lasts a month. That's the state of the music industry right now.

Saying that you'll be making disposable rap doesn't make me want to run out and buy your music.
    Let me be clear: I'm making phenomenally great music. "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here" is one of the catchiest songs in years. I plan on making hit music, but I just don't believe that it's like when Eminem first came out with "Lose Yourself." I'm not trying to make an inspiring song right now. I'm just making what the market wants right now. Ringtone rap.

I read an interview where you referred to yourself as the "White Jay-Z." Seriously?
    I have more street cred than any new dudes: I manage a professional fighter, King Kevin Casey -- who is also a hip-hop superstar -- and every single day I do MMA training with him where I have a 195-pound black belt in Brazilian Ju Jitsu try to punch me in the face. I know for a fact that Jay-Z in his whole life has never been for one hour in the situations I put myself in with my professional fighter.

I thought you were a lover, not a fighter.
    I'll challenge pretty much anyone to a fight, if that's what is needed to prove my street cred. If it's about toughness, I'm tough. If it's about how many guns you have, nobody has more guns that me. If it's about ammo, nobody has more ammo than me. So when I say I'm the white Jay-Z, I'm just like, "So all this guy does is talk about all the expensive things he buys?" Well I buy expensive things and I'm 30 years younger. I was never a fan of Jay-Z. The only rapper I really was into was Tupac.

How good of a rapper are you?
    Incredible. I have the biggest mouth on earth, so why wouldn't I be the best rapper -- you know what I mean?

Can you freestyle right now?
    I mean, everybody keeps on asking me to freestyle. But I always say, "Please, I don't do freestyle, my goal out here is to get paid." The word "free" does not exist in Spencer Pratt's vocabulary.

Is it true that your rap nickname is going to be Great White?
    I'm going with Great White. Once you get Great White in the game, he's growing each day and is gonna start eating people. That's why I love rap. You can come up with so many different names. This is what people need to realize: Since the 9th grade, I was referred to by my teachers and classmates as "Pratt Daddy." Then it became P. Diddy. I was there first. I have a thousand witnesses saying for years I was known as P. Diddy. Diddy has taken that and done his thing with that.

Thanks

what a tool.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (07-23-2009), Jesse (07-23-2009)

Thanks
    Not gonna lie...but he actually makes some good points there
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    Looool at the questions, the interviewer obviously doesn't care for it much! Well this could be even embarassing than Kevin.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (07-23-2009)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Not gonna lie...but he actually makes some good points there
    Such as?..
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

Thanks
    This is what I say to people: I'm not in the music industry. I'm in show business. So when people are like, "What are you doing coming into the rap game?" That's the wrong question. I'm already in the game I'm in, and that's pop culture and entertainment. I'm not coming in saying, "Oh, I'm the truth, I'm the biggest lyricist ever to walk on the Earth." I'm not trying to make music that changes history. No one is doing that anymore. Music has become disposable. You're lucky if your song lasts a month. That's the state of the music industry right now.
    Mainly the last bit is pretty much all true, the rest is just me giving him credit for being upfront that he's gonna be as disposable (if not moreso) than any other shitty rapper out there. He's not kidding himself into thinking he's some amazing rapper/musician/artist...which frankly I don't think ANYONE sees him as...so why not give the guy some props for acknowledging what a waste of an attempt this is gonna be.

And then this:

I'm not trying to make an inspiring song right now. I'm just making what the market wants right now. Ringtone rap.
    I find to be one of the most truthful ways of describing current commercial rap music, regardless of what kind of an idiot came up with it.
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    He's not kidding himself into thinking he's some amazing rapper/musician/artist...which frankly I don't think ANYONE sees him as...so why not give the guy some props for acknowledging what a waste of an attempt this is gonna be.
    How good of a rapper are you?
    Incredible.

Let me be clear: I'm making phenomenally great music.
    I'm sorry but this guy is a dick. It is totally beyond me when America buy into him and Heidi so much.
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

Thanks
    Regardless of whether he was a dick or not in 'The Hills' (I've never seen the show and have nothing to go off of in terms of his or Heidi's portrayed "personalities") but as 5th rate 'celebs' I find them to be endlessly amusing because they're just trying so hard to work the media and somehow they manage to succeed (even in the slightest) because they get people talking about them, reading their interviews, tuning into their shows etc. etc. etc.

So they must be doing something right.
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    You are right with that point. They are very in on the joke, and they will have the last laugh as they must be making so much money!
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Neil For This Useful Post:

Thanks

At least you gotta give him credit for being HILARIOUS on this one.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nico For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread