+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MTV VMA's 2009 Host, Location & First Performers Announced!

Thanks

MTV VMA's 2009 Host, Location & First Performers Announced!

Sunday, September 13 at 9PM ETHosted by: Russell Brand

After a number of years out wandering around the country, the MTV Video Music Awards are coming home to New York! Mark your calendars, because the retaking of Manhattan will take place on Sunday, September 13, 2009, and mark these words: this city will never be the same again.

Call it a takeover, if you will, because the 2009 VMAs will have performances staged all over Manhattan including in the storied Radio City Music Hall where we popped our Moonman cherry way back in 1984. After that one, we were surprised they'd have us back, but they did. So did New York City. In fact, 2009 will mark the 14th time that Gotham will serve as the backdrop for the VMAs.

And our VMA homecoming also marks the return of Russell Brand, who will host the show for a second year in a row. That's right. The same Russell Brand who pulled an unwitting Britney Spears into a golf cart after her third VMA win and whisked her away to watch Kanye West in the final performance of the night. Brand also managed to freak out Jonas Brothers fans everywhere when he got all sorts of nasty discussing the Jo Bros' purity rings. He's funny.

You should also know that we've lined up performances by Taylor Swift and Muse. Swift is planning to unveil a never-before-heard version of her song "You Belong From Me," from her latest album, Fearless. And she certainly isn't timid about making her performance big for the VMAs. "I love incorporating theatrics into my performances, and the VMAs have always allowed artists to run with that," Swift said. Whatever she runs with is bound to leave us breathless.

And Muse? Well, the British rockers will be making their U.S. television debut on the VMAs with a performance of "Uprising" from their new album, The Resistance, due out just days after the VMAs. Yes, it's big stuff, but Muse frontman Matthew Bellamy also views their VMA debut as "another great excuse to hang out in New York City for a few days." Agreed.

You see, the MTV Video Music Awards is nothing short of the most musically driven, celebrity-packed, insanely thrilling and, ultimately, the most-talked about awards show on television. Hands down. You can't beat this one. People have tried, but they've failed miserably. There's a reason this is the party to attend, no matter where we throw it. It's flat out awesome.

Source: MTV.com
    Love that Russell is gonna host again! I quite liked him last year I couldn't give a rats ass about Taylor, but Im excited about Muse! Though they're hardly your token MTV (US) performers!

Why they feel the need to have so many performances OUTSIDE the main venue still baffles me to NO end! Seriously, just keep it all in the main hall, kthnbie!

According to JustJared they're gonna have a 'West Side Story' theme...which would be pretty cool!

Anyhow, lets hope the return to NYC is at least enough to make them more watchable this year!
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    I don't understand having the performances all over NYC either. I mean, I'm only going to be watching it from my living room so wtf do I care?

I'm surprised this is Muse's US television premiere, tbh. Can't wait for them!

Thanks
    I want Britney

Thanks
    I can't stand Russell, the commercials he did with Brit were the best but I didn't care for him hosting.

I'm only excited for Taylor... I'm pretty much over MTV these days unforunately.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IStillLoveJ&B For This Useful Post:

Cleve (07-16-2009)

Thanks
    None of the information holds much interest for me but I'll probably watch anyway... *cough*I want Britney

♥ ♥ ♥

icon and graphic by
    Me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mandy For This Useful Post:

Jonny (07-17-2009)

Thanks
    They had me at Swift!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleve For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (07-17-2009)

Beth is offline Stars in our eyes cuz we're having a good time Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness.
    Watervliet, New York, United States, 1.04004759636E+14, Watervliet, New York
    Thanks
    Love it all so far!!!!

Thanks
    Yeah, the all over the place thing sounds quite terrible. At least if I was attending, I wouldn't wanna
    have to move or watch a TV screen. I'd prefer to see all of the performances right in front of me. lol

I do like YBTM so I won't mind Taylor just as long as this "unreleased" version doesn't sound bad.

Thanks
    Why they feel the need to have so many performances OUTSIDE the main venue still baffles me to NO end!
    Thank you!

Of course I'll be watching, Russel was amazing last year, I wish Britney was there though!
    I f I s a i d I w a n t y o u r b o d y n o w
    WOULD YOU HOLD IT AGAINST ME

Thanks
    Can't wait for the "You Belong From Me" performance.
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neil For This Useful Post:

Cleve (07-20-2009), IStillLoveJ&B (07-21-2009), Scott (07-21-2009)

+ Reply to Thread