+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Skins [Series 4]

Thanks
    I guess we're all different. When I used to talk about "Skins" (series 1 and 2) to one of my online friends, she HATED it with a passion, and was like "It's so unrealistic". But later, in Series 3, she became totally hooked and wouldn't let me talk about it in case I mentioned something she hadn't seen!

Dave, your memory must be failing. Effie had issues throughout Series 3 and was gradually falling apart. She was in a state of notable craziness from about three quarters of the way through the series. Series 4 picked up exactly where I expected it to.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Dave, your memory must be failing. Effie had issues throughout Series 3 and was gradually falling apart. She was in a state of notable craziness from about three quarters of the way through the series. Series 4 picked up exactly where I expected it to.
    Thing is, that could be said about any and all of the characters- the show revolves around the concept of these teens being driven insane by their lives and the constant chaos they live in. Which then leads them to use (and abuse) any sort of drug. The ACTUAL 'craziness' that any of the characters have been shown to posses has always been under some drug-induced haze. Case in point, Effie bashing Katie in the head with a rock

And yea, I did really enjoy Katie's episode!! Effie looked AMAZING...and I LOVED that they played 'Do Somethin'' <333
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    My favorite episode by far has been Katie's. I'm enjoying the season so far.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Thing is, that could be said about any and all of the characters- the show revolves around the concept of these teens being driven insane by their lives and the constant chaos they live in. Which then leads them to use (and abuse) any sort of drug. The ACTUAL 'craziness' that any of the characters have been shown to posses has always been under some drug-induced haze. Case in point, Effie bashing Katie in the head with a rock
    But did you EVER think Effie was entirely normal, stable and rational? I think most of them are pretty normal human beings. I don't see anything innately "odd" about Emily, Naomi, JJ, Freddie or Thomas for example. They may be drugged up from time to time, but they have an equilibrium that reverts to normality. Effie never had. It has always been like she HAS no normality.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    But did you EVER think Effie was entirely normal, stable and rational? I think most of them are pretty normal human beings. I don't see anything innately "odd" about Emily, Naomi, JJ, Freddie or Thomas for example. They may be drugged up from time to time, but they have an equilibrium that reverts to normality. Effie never had. It has always been like she HAS no normality.
    I think she's always been off too. Even during the first two seasons you could tell somethings up with her.

Thanks
    Yeah I always got the impression that Effy has serious issues. The rest of them might use drugs but they've never been as screwed up as she is.

Thanks
    WHAT IN THE NAME OF FUCK?!?!?!?!

Like...omg seeeeriously...what.the.fuck??! :o

I NEED to know what the heck. HOW are they planning on wrapping ALL of this up...in ONE episode?! I can't...I can't! Omg it needs to be Thursday NOW...NOW I say!
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    Loved the blood spurt on the window.
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

Thanks
    I must say, the psychotic psychotherapist was somewhat of a surreal touch. Or you could call it "hard to believe". However, I'm gonna try his idea of imagining all the bad scenes in my life without the badness in them. Bound to be worth a shot...

Thanks
    It made me SICK. Like my stomach was like "WTF". And he was my favorite character So random and unexpected. I guess we can assume this will happen again in season 6.

+ Reply to Thread