+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Sister's Keeper

Thanks

My Sister's Keeper

The saddest movie I have ever seen, holy fucking shit.

The whole theatre was sobbing throughout the movie. I loved the changed ending - thought it was a lot better fitting than the cop-out that was the book's ending - but it was so depressing. I kept thinking we were gonna get at least somewhat of a happy note to end with, but noooo. Even after
    Spoiler:
    Kate dies I thought maybe they'd talk about how it brought the family together but then Anna goes on about how nothing good came out of her dying at all and it just made things worse

I loved it though. But it's the most depressing movie I've seen in a long time, if ever.

Thanks
    It looked touching, but I cant see movies like this.
    I already know it will sink in and I will be crying through the entire thing. I'm to much of a emotional person!

Plus I have kids of my own and I cant imagine being a mother who has a sick kid.
    oooh. WAY to sad for me.

Thanks
    I will watch this at home. No need to embarrass myself at the movies with my crying.

Britney Fan Forever.

Thanks
    Oh my goshhh. I bawled I knew I was going to. It was really so good and so well-done though. I wasn't sure how Cameron would be but I thought she was great in the role! It was kind of hard for me to think of her as a mom, she's kind of young to play a mom with kids that old, IMO but she was very convincing. Abigail Breslin was just amazing too.

I was just so sad throughout the whole thing Images of very sick people always really get to me.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    I just started reading this book, I'm TOTALLY amazed by the story... I think it's something SO intense and also original. I wanna read the book before I watch the movie. Unfortunately I do already have an idea of the twist at the end of the book because Wikipedia ruined that for me... ugh, but yeah keep putting the spoilers in black please.

Thanks
    I want to see this so bad, but I think like Mario I might have to wait and rent it.
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

Thanks
    Can someone let me know what is the alternative ending that they put in? I read the book and just have a feeling that this movie will just ruin it.

Thanks
    I think the alternate ending for the movie was so much better than the book. In the movie,
    Spoiler:
    it comes out during the trail that Anna never wanted the rights to her own body and only did it for Kate. Later that day they are all visiting Kate, who's getting really sick, and Kate asks them all to leave so that she can have a talk with her mom. Her mom refuses to talk to her at first, but then Kate gives her a scrapbook with all the memories of her life, and the mom realises that she has to face the fact that Kate is dying. The mom bursts into tears and they share a moment and sleep in each other's arms. Anna does a voice over saying Kate died that night, and nothing good came out of it. It didn't bring closure, nothing came out of her death or the case, and it didn't bring the family together. It just made things harder. They cut to a few days later where Campbell visits Anna to let her know she officially won the case. They fast forward a few years later, and Anna voice-overs to let us know that they all went their separate ways, but come together once a year to vacation at Kate's favorite place - Montana.

Thanks
    Hah, I don't like it. They made it so that it suits Hollywood. It is a tragic story, a very original book, and very very sad! It it what it is and I hate when they change it like this. Anyway, if people like it so be it. This is why I don't like good books being turned into movies.

Thanks
    I finished reading the book yesterday and OMGGGGGGGGGGGG... that was heart-breaking, I so did NOT see that end coming. It was brutal, but I did love the novel, Jodi is a GREAT writer.

I SO cannot wait to watch the movie now! It doesn't come out till NEXT week! UGH! And I'm very interested to see what the alternative ending will be... I don't wanna read it here cos I wanna go watch it and be surprised.

Btw, I've already decided I'm gonna go watch it by myself, cos I know it's gonna be really painful and I don't wanna embarrass myself if I'm a mess after watching it.

+ Reply to Thread