+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carly Smithson Teams Up With Ex-Evanescence Members For New Band

Thanks

Carly Smithson Teams Up With Ex-Evanescence Members For New Band

Idol Castoff Carly Smithson Hooks Up With Evanescence
    Today 11:30 AM PDT by Gina Serpe

Adam Lambert's not the only American Idol finalist to field offers about fronting an established rock band.

Season seven's sixth-place finisher, Carly Smithson, is eschewing a solo career and taking a stab at becoming a frontwoman, establishing herself as the lead singer of the Fallen, a rock group that teams her with three original members of Evanescence. (Incidentally, Fallen was also the name of the now disbanded group's hit 2003 album.)

"I kept getting told that 'you don't have the rock voice, you can't do rock music,' " Smithson told the Los Angeles Times, which first reported the group's formation.

"But it's everything I am. It's everything I listen to. I'm not the regular girl next door."

The Irish rocker will be the de facto Amy Lee of the group—bearing a resemblance to the Evanescence frontwoman both physically and vocally—and joins the lineup of guitarist and songwriter Ben Moody, drummer Rocky Gray, guitarist John Lecompt and bassist Marty O'Brian, the sole non-Evanescence alum.

In another coincidence, during last summer's now customary American Idols Live! tour, one of Smithson's regular numbers was "Bring Me to Life," the song Moody & Co. used to audition potential frontwomen.

Moody, who has previously worked with Idol alums Kelly Clarkson and Chris Daughtry as well as Avril Lavigne and Celine Dion, told the L.A. Times that he and his bandmates set out to find their musical soul mate and undoubtedly did in Smithson.

The rocker said he and his Fallen comrades "had been planning all this stuff on one side, and Carly's been planning it on the other and they just happened to be literally identical."

"And I don't mean, like, Oh, they were kind of the same. I mean, an uncanny amount of detail being identical. And it was just clear to me that we had found our better half."

The group formally debuts on Monday, when the band's first single will be available for free download on wearethefallen.com. The band won't release an album right away, but plans to tour nationally for a year and a half and will release songs, two at a time, online.

Source: E!Online

So its basically the original Evanescence 2.0 sans Amy Lee! rankly, Im totally down with this idea- ever since Ben Moody left they went to freaking DOGS an if there's anyone who could properly fit Amy's shoes (sans the annoying bitch stance, of course!) its Carly!

Im excited
    - D A V E -

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave For This Useful Post:

Matty (06-18-2009)

Thanks
    Great. Just what we need.

Thanks
    I dunno what to think.
    Ben Moody and Amy Lee did some incredible music together. After Ben left, it was all a bit... off.

She's certainly no Amy Lee...
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Neil For This Useful Post:

Angel (06-24-2009)

Thanks
    Im EXCITED!!

Thanks Beth!

Beth is offline Stars in our eyes cuz we're having a good time Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness.
    Watervliet, New York, United States, 1.04004759636E+14, Watervliet, New York
    Thanks
    I'm pumped for this!!!

Thanks
    Loved her on Idol. Congrats Carly!!!

Thanks
    I love what Amy Lee did after Ben left...but Ben and John together, guitar wise, is heaven!!!!!!!!! (I have bit of a crush on Lecrompt!)

BritneyFanForever

Thanks
    So what ever happened with this? Ha ha. I enjoyed her on Idol, and loved quite a few Evanescene songs.

+ Reply to Thread