+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Macbook vs Macbook Pro

Thanks

Macbook vs Macbook Pro

After saving some $ up, I think I'm ready to convert to Mac! Right now, its between two similar laptops - the macbook or macbook pro. Does anyone know if there are any major differences beside the price and which one would be better to buy if i plan to take it with me to college?

Thanks
    It depends on what you need it for really. They're both good computers. If you just want to surf the net/write papers/listen to music and simple stuff like that i would save the money and get the macbook.

If you want to do more heavy duty stuff like making movies or dvds or are a big gamer then i would suggest the macbook pro for the better graphics, and faster processor.

Plus it depends on if you want a bigger screen. the macbook comes in standard 13 inch, the macbook pro comes in 13, 15 and 17 inch screens.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to brad For This Useful Post:

CatchMeJosh15 (06-12-2009)

Thanks
    I'd go with a macbook pro seeing as they just came out new models of it.
    Are you in?

Living in sin is the new thing...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Taylor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    If it's for college, save yourself the money and go for a regular Macbook. It does everything seamlessly - I write papers, surf the web, listen to music, watch movies, do Photoshop work, etc, without ever experiencing a hitch.

Unless you're going to do some serious ass movie editing, or DJing, or play really intensive games... It's not worth a Pro.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Samio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Actually...
    As of a couple of days ago, only the old white macbook still bears the 'Macbook' name. All the newer macbooks were slightly upgraded and added to the 'Macbook Pro' range
    http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html
    http://www.apple.com/macbook/specs.html
    Only the old white version is called 'Macbook' now.

For $200 dollars more, the cheapest Macbook Pro gives you a much better processor, double the RAM, 2 hours extra battery life. Also it looks so much better, has an illuminated keyboard and has the new multi-touch trackpad, which is leaps and bounds better than anything else used on the old macbooks/normal laptops.

I'm obviously suggesting you get a Macbook Pro!!

Also, the new version of Mac OSX comes out in September, so it might be worth holding out 'til then. However, if you choose to get one now, all macs purchased from now until then can get an upgrade for only $9.99
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neil For This Useful Post:

Andrew (06-12-2009), CatchMeJosh15 (06-12-2009)

Thanks
    ^I actually think the white macbook looks much nicer than the new aluminium macbook. which i guess is now being touted as the macbook pro.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to brad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Neil beat me to it. Personally, I would get the 13" Pro if I were buying. I currently have a white MacBook (2 years old) that I still love. It does everything and more that I'll ever need. I think the 13" Pro is a great value though, for everything you get.

The white MacBook will be more than enough for typical college stuff, though.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm actually looking into getting a Mac as well so this was really helpful, thanks guys

Im really confused though haha I found someone selling a NEW MacBook Pro for $800 USD (on Fbook marketplace) which is kind of a STEAL. Im just hopping ints not a scam cause then it literally IS a steal.
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I'm actually looking into getting a Mac as well so this was really helpful, thanks guys

Im really confused though haha I found someone selling a NEW MacBook Pro for $800 USD (on Fbook marketplace) which is kind of a STEAL. Im just hopping ints not a scam cause then it literally IS a steal.
    Idk about your situation but I ended up getting a new iMac a few years back (valued at 1200) for 700 on facebook because the girl was graduating college and got it that year and didn't need it anymore. So it could be a really lucky opportunity. It is around the time of graduation so that could be the case?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Idk about your situation but I ended up getting a new iMac a few years back (valued at 1200) for 700 on facebook because the girl was graduating college and got it that year and didn't need it anymore. So it could be a really lucky opportunity. It is around the time of graduation so that could be the case?
    Yea, it was possible lol- but this was literally the newer one (with the black rimmed screen etc.) I looked into it and it was definitely a scam! Sad.
    - D A V E -

+ Reply to Thread