+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Up!

Thanks

Up!

So everyone is probably over discussing this film by now haha... but I just saw it today and LOVED IT!

Doug was my favorite part. "I do not like the collar of shame". Hahaha.

It was just sooo cute and so well done. There was a lot of emotion in it and it made me think, but it was also light & funny in parts too! Russell was the cutest little chubby Asian kid ever :P

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    i went with my family monday night, it was too cute! Very well done

POINT!

Thanks Beth!

Thanks
    I just saw this a couple of hours ago. It was a very cute movie and there was some really funny moments. I saw it in Digital 3D - that was fun!

Thanks
    Russell was Asian? Haha. I did not pick up on that.

It wasn't even close to my fave Pixar movie...which is a total credit to the amazing collection of movies that they've released. I didn't really enjoy it as much as I hoped I would.

Spoiler:
    I connected with the story of his relationship with Ellie really fast...and then it was over in the first 5 minutes. I don't think it was necessary for her to die. The fact that she couldn't have babies was sad enough, plus the fact that they never went all the places they wanted to go. I thought the bird thing was annoying and I felt like there was a lot of SOMETHING TERRIBLE IS HAPPENING and then it would black out and miraculously the storm had passed and they were still flying around in the house, you know? No real conflict resolution. I think that would have added to it a bit. The talking dogs were a bit ridiculous too haha, as funny as it was when Alpha's collar malfunctioned.

The other thing for me was that so much of it happened high in the air (haha duh) and I'm terrified of heights. It was really stressful to watch! I'm not used to high anxiety Pixar movies. I didn't enjoy the high up battle parts at all.

Make me your Freshie Idol!

Thanks
    I aboslutely loved it, and I need the DVD when it comes out. I just saw it last night. We didn't get to do the 3-D, I was bummed about that.

But I went through every possible emotion with this movie... the beginning I was balling, the first 5 minutes... so many parts of it were so cute... then the parts that made me mad, and then the "action" and then the total and utter sweetness of the end, I cried again (happy tears). I just thought it was amazing!!

And on the topic of Pixar, I just saw Wall E (I know, I know, 10 years too late!) and I adored that as well

I can't wait to see the Guinea Pig movie that's coming out, but I will absolutely insist on seeing that one in 3-D

Thanks
    My friend and I kept quoting it yesterday and now I want to see it again! I feel like it's one of those that's funnier the 2nd time because I didn't laugh as hard in the theater as I was yesterday quoting stuff.

I do not like the cone of shame!

Hey I know a joke! A squirrel walks up to a tree and says "I forgot to store acorns for winter and now I am dead." Ha! It is funny because the squirrel gets dead.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gretch For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (06-19-2009), Matty (06-19-2009)

Thanks
    Just finished watching this!

I freaking LOVED it- but I seriously think the target audience for this HAD to have been older than any other Disney/Pixar movie. This one was pretty hard-hitting and more 'humane' for lack of better words.

I still freaking loved it and def. need to see it again!

Doug pretty much is what my dog would be like if he could talk
    - D A V E -

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave For This Useful Post:

Arti (06-20-2009), IStillLoveJ&B (06-19-2009), Matty (06-19-2009)

Thanks
    I just saw it and thought it was soc ute!

The beginning was so sad to me! Everyone kept saying how much they cried and I thought the old man was gonna die at the end, I wasn't expecting that beginning at all!

I don't believe Russel was asian! Where was the Korean accent? JK But still I think he only looked asian because he was supposed to be so chubby, the fat made his eyes little!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleve For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (06-22-2009)

Thanks
    I LOVED this movie. I teared up at least twice throughout the movie haha. I missed the very beginning, but the first 10 minutes I saw were so good- I loved how there was so little dialogue. Russell was so cute!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt S For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (06-22-2009)

Thanks
    Saw this the other day in 3-D... All my friends thought it was kind of lame, but I absolutely loved it. I teared up twice (once in the beginning and once in the end) and I never cry, let alone at movies. I thought the story was really touching and very human... It's great for kids to be exposed to this type of thing early on and I loved the way the movie handled the subject... It was very real but also not absolutely heartbreaking that it put me off the movie.

I loved the little kid, he reminded me of my little brother with the things he said and did.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samio For This Useful Post:

IStillLoveJ&B (06-23-2009), Matty (06-23-2009)

+ Reply to Thread