+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Database for all us Freshies?

Thanks

Database for all us Freshies?

Hey,

Seeing as a few of us had withdrawl symptons of not having the forum for a while, I was thinking it could be a great idea if someone could keep a database of all the users email addresses, only if they sign-up to it, and then if something goes down we can send a mass mail detailing whats wrong, Estimated fix time etc.

I'm up for doing this, and I will most certainly help to do it if people want (Im not staff you see).

How you all feel?

All that would be stored would be Username, Email Address ...and maybe points / post number which could be updated bi monthly?
    Cheryl Tweedy is hotness personified!

Thanks
    That could be a good idea, I saw a lot of people messaging each other on Facebook!

Thanks
    I believe we have a facebook group page & a myspace page. We can use that in the future

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:

Diamondback (06-10-2009)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I believe we have a facebook group page & a myspace page. We can use that in the future
    Not everybody has those or even likes to use those.

I even tried to twitter the forums twitter page and you but no response.

Thanks
    I didnt get an @reply from you, I didnt even know you were on there! Steph & Gretch were updating the twitter account so i'm not sure if either of them were aware that you had said anything...
    I like your idea, I just don't know if everyone would want to give out their information. Word of mouth on facebook & myspace seemed to work the best, I know it sucks when the forum experiences downtime but you have to know something is wrong and just wait it out! We would let you know if we were closing the forums for remodeling or behind the scenes work, so if it just POOF goes down sometimes there's really nothing that can be done about it

Thanks
    I would not feel comfortable with some random having my contact details sry

Thanks
    It's not a bad idea. Only one person would have your email address. You can make a google group and just send out a mass email to keep people updated. All the email addresses would be private.

I could set it up if people are interested.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike PP For This Useful Post:

Arti (06-10-2009), belfastfella (06-10-2009)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike PP View Post
    It's not a bad idea. Only one person would have your email address. You can make a google group and just send out a mass email to keep people updated. All the email addresses would be private.

I could set it up if people are interested.
    Thanks! ...

Some random person would not be having your email, it would be myself or staff. I've been here from the start, from WoBH, BritFugees, TMZ, TFZ... Im not staff, nor have I ever been FOTM. I'm happy to stay in the background and participate when I want. Most people know me, and have known me for Years.

Rant Over. Sorry.

Thanks
    I like your suggestion Mike. We could do that. I guess we'll figure out something for the members here

To all my friends here..I love each and every one of you

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I didnt get an @reply from you, I didnt even know you were on there! Steph & Gretch were updating the twitter account so i'm not sure if either of them were aware that you had said anything...
    I like your idea, I just don't know if everyone would want to give out their information. Word of mouth on facebook & myspace seemed to work the best, I know it sucks when the forum experiences downtime but you have to know something is wrong and just wait it out! We would let you know if we were closing the forums for remodeling or behind the scenes work, so if it just POOF goes down sometimes there's really nothing that can be done about it
    Yeah, sorry I didn't see that! I haven't updated the Twitter in a little, my bad! I'm getting back into it starting nowwww though.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

+ Reply to Thread