+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Thread: GLEE

Thanks

Angry Teenage singer Charice gets botox for 'Glee' debut

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...KAKHAD9H24D700

MANILA, Philippines Filipino teenage singer Charice Pempengco says she prepared for her debut on the hit TV show "Glee" by getting Botox and an anti-aging procedure "to look fresh on camera."
    The 18-year-old Charice, whose singing career rocketed after appearing on Ellen DeGeneres' and Oprah Winfrey's talk shows, underwent a 30-minute Thermage skin-tightening procedure and Botox to make her "naturally round face" more narrow, celebrity cosmetic surgeon Vicki Belo told ABS-CBN television.
    Charice, in the same interview, said last week's face makeover was part of her big preparations for her appearance on the hit show's second season. She starts filming at the end of this month.
    "All people will be anticipating how will Charice look? Is she good enough to pit against Rachel Berry? So of course there is tremendous pressure," Charice said.
    In an earlier TV interview, she said she auditioned for "Glee" in mid-June in Los Angeles and was thankful to have been accepted.
    "It's really a blessing," she said, adding she was "very proud to be an Asian, very proud to be Filipino."
    Born Charmaine Clarice Relucio Pempengco and raised with her brother by a single mother, she sang in local contests and appeared on TV talent shows in the Philippines and South Korea before she got a big break on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" at age 15.
    She later appeared several times on the "Oprah Winfrey Show" and credits Winfrey for helping push her career.

Thanks
    That seems a bit ridiculous - they've got a 27 year old playing a 16 year old! She's 18 - I doubt she needs botox to look more like a teenager than any other cast member does.

I can't say I'm familiar with her Oprah/Ellen performances though, is she a good singer?

Make me your Freshie Idol!

Thanks

Thanks
    Here's some picutres from the new season including some from the Britney episode. I've seen that girl Charice on TV before, she's a really good singer.

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/201...0912-glee.html

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy For This Useful Post:

Jonny (09-16-2010)

Thanks
    Eeeep! So we've got the following songs confirmed;

Spoiler:
    MATM
    Toxic
    Stronger
    BOMT
    - D A V E -

Thanks
    The complete list of tracks for the Britney episode are as follow:

...Baby, One More Time
    Oops!...I Did It Again
    Stronger
    I'm A Slave 4 U
    Me Against The Music
    Toxic
    Piece Of Me

All great song (minus MATM, but the Britney as Madonna idea is enough for me to let that slide.) Really sad they didn't use any ballads (I think Will would sound amazing on Everytime) and I'm also surprised that Circus isn't the group number over Toxic...but I do love that they are doing Toxic. I just thought it would be a Sue/Cheerios type thing instead.

Make me your Freshie Idol!

Thanks
    'Oops!' and 'POM' were never officially confirmed. There was a Billboard article saying those were two hits Britney was famous for and then this one blogger misunderstood that and the wrong story spread like wildfire And so far 'Slave' is also just rumoured because of some Twitter.

Im reaaaally curious as to how they're gonna tackle 'Stronger' and in what context its taken on for the guys (and how Lea had said it was somewhat similar to Madonna's WIFLFAG).
    - D A V E -

+ Reply to Thread