+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DO YOU FEEL SHITTY ABOUT PAYING 4 BUCKS A COFFEE

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Ew. McDonald's coffee is not even of good quality...and I wonder how they treat the communities that sell the coffee beans.
    Thats your opinion.

At least their coffee is like half the prize of starbucks or less. And I think McDonalds treats them well. They support local companys here.

Thanks
    I feel bad drinking from Starbucks (not that I do often) not because of the starving children and whatnot, but because of the fact that as a corporation, they suck ass. Until very recently (and I'm still not convinced it's totally gone), they treated coffee farmers like shit and gave them shitty conditions to work under. Whether or not they are working to eradicate that they did it for long enough and they did it to get where they did today and that's gross.
    Further, I hate the fact that they completely ruin it for independent coffee houses and family-run businesses by opening their doors every couple of blocks. It's kind of gross and unnecessary.
    I also hate the idea behind Starbucks as a brand and how people are slaves to the stupid logo and buy their overpriced coffee just to look a certain way. Finally, when I get some coffee, I want it to be something that'll wake me up and taste good. I don't want a cup of coffee that has more calories and fat in it that my dinner would.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Samio For This Useful Post:

Nico (11-09-2008)

Thanks
    I'm an avid coffee lover, I drink it everyday, and yes, Starbucks is my favorite place to go to when I need my coffee craving, they just opened 2 of them here where I live and i've been wanting one forever, I just love their variety and I think the price range is OK, I mean people who have money to spend in those things can do whatever they want, that doesn't mean that i'm rich, I just like to pamper myself with good coffee everyday, I also support A LOT of local coffee shops here, and when i'm low in money I go buy a large cup of cappuccino for $2, I really don't mind where I get my coffee, I just happen to love Starbucks more than any other coffee shop around .

Thanks
    samio where did you get your info from? Because from what I've been told, they build infrastructures in the farming communities from which they buy. Furthermore, about the calories, we still have mcdonalds, don't we? People choose what they want to consume, and the reason why Starbucks has grown as it has is because the quality of the product is superb. For otherwise it would have never become nothing more than just another Seattle coffee house.

Ps. We have skinny lattes in 4 flavors that are sugar-free and only 90 calories.

Britney Fan Forever.

Thanks
    Haha Mario, we get it! You're not allowed to say anything bad about them and you work for them so you feel like you have to defend them...I understand. I love Starbucks and I drink it (and usually have a banana bread or a tomato, pesto & cheese sandwich) at least 4 times a week but I don't put it up on some big pedestal. Yes, of course them having like 170 locations in Vancouver takes profit away from local coffee shops like Blenz & Bean Around The World & JJ Bean & Bump And Grind & Waves etc. etc. They all have drinks that I like (some better than Starbucks, some not) at comparable prices. Who knows how they treat the farmers, but I'm sure smaller businesses have to pay more for what they get since they buy it in smaller quantities.

I just think you're being a tad bit unrealistic about what Starbucks is. I understand why but it's a bit excessive.

Make me your Freshie Idol!

Thanks
    Starbucks is the closest place to my house, I'm not driving all the way across town for a cup of coffee.

And no, I don't feel bad for the price or starving kids.

Twilight Blend By Dave

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ang For This Useful Post:

marc (11-12-2008)

Thanks
    I spend 2.85 a day on my coffee. I don't feel bad about it - but it does add up. But I can't deal without.

Thanks
    No because I don't, and never have.

If I want coffee I'll make it myself here at home.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Haha Mario, we get it! You're not allowed to say anything bad about them and you work for them so you feel like you have to defend them...I understand.
    Nooo...I talk bad about them here and then.

Britney Fan Forever.

Thanks
    I wish I could buy coffee at starbucks. We don't have one in my city

+ Reply to Thread