+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Black Eyed Peas Album Nears 'The E.N.D.'

Thanks
    Rock That Body is such a ridiculously hot jam. Certified smash.

Thanks
    ^I love that song!!

"Meet Me Halfway" really better be the third single, though.

I also looooove "Imma Be".

Kel Guest
    I listened to the album, and it really does sound like them, though I didnt really find any song that I instantly wanted to listen to again. I heard I Got A Feeling for the first time today, and its okay, nothing great....though maybe I should give it more listens :P

I remember there was some song that sounded such a great radio hit for the summer, but I forgot what it was called. It wasnt my favourite song though.

Thanks
    'Electric City' is waaay too cool.

Thanks
    BEP now have 19 consecutive weeks at #1... Tied with Usher as most consecutive weeks ever.

And they will more than likely get more more weeks at #1.
    Tim (if you are reading this) who do you think will be the one to knock BEP off the top? Unless they manage to get a third song to the top before that!
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Tim (if you are reading this) who do you think will be the one to knock BEP off the top? Unless they manage to get a third song to the top before that!
    Miley could pull an upset next week, but she would have to outsell B.E.P. by more than 110k, which is highly unlikely, especially since the Teen Choice Awards effect will probably wear off as the week progresses.

B.E.P.'s biggest strenght is that they're MONOPOLIZING pop radio right now. They're still one of the format's top gainers, even though they are already #1 with a difference of more than 1,000 spins between them and #2.

Jay-Z is a contender, and is currently outselling B.E.P. on iTunes, but he is still about 80 million audience impressions (A.I.) away from the Peas. The video for "Run This Town" looks like it's going to be epic, AND apparently he is going to be on Oprah soon, so perhaps that will cause him to outsell B.E.P. by a big margin (80k+). Airplay-wise he needs to start blowing up on pop radio the way he is on rhythmic and urban radio right now, but even then it's going to take a while for him to catch up on "I Gotta Feeling".

Jay Sean is another contender as he is outgaining B.E.P. on both pop and rhythmic radio, but like Jay-Z, he is still about 80 million A.I. away from the Peas. It would help if he received support from urban, but he doesn't.

B.E.P.'s total domination on both the sales and airplay chart is making it virtually impossible for anyone to beat them right now. Realistically, I think they're going to stay at #1 for a long time. I'd love to be proven wrong though, because while I like the B.E.P. songs, I don't think they're strong enough to be breaking records left and right.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tim For This Useful Post:

Neil (08-13-2009)

Thanks
    lol @ me getting a liiiiiittle carried away. Just a little.

Thanks
    I'm so happy that "Meet Me Halfway" is the third single!

Thanks
    Neil, I forgot about Drake's "Successful"! It's currently #20 on the airplay chart -- if they wait long enough for a digital release, it could have really big first week sales and jump to #1. It would need a few more weeks though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tim For This Useful Post:

Neil (08-19-2009)

+ Reply to Thread