+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Black Eyed Peas Album Nears 'The E.N.D.'

Thanks

Black Eyed Peas Album Nears 'The E.N.D.'

October 09, 2008 , 1:40 PM ET

by Andre Paine, London

The Black Eyed Peas are due to complete their fifth album, "The E.N.D.," in London next week. "I'll be finishing the record Oct. 15," producer and group member will.i.am tells Billboard.com. Recording sessions have been taking place at Metropolis Studios in London.

The album title is not an indication that it's intended to be the hip-hop outfit's final record. "No, no -- it stands for 'The Energy Never Dies,'" explains will.i.am.

Black Eyed Peas' previous set, 2005's "Monkey Business" (A&M/Interscope), has sold 4.2 million copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan. "We still have a contract with them," says will.i.am, adding that the number of albums left to deliver was "not that many."

Asked about the group's future relationship with the Universal Music label, will.i.am said, "It all depends on how they evolve, it's up to them to define what they're going to be in the future."

"They want it to come out soon but I don't know if that's the right thing," he added, when asked about the label's plans for the record. However, will.i.am says he's partly tempted to try and release it in 2008 because he's convinced that this will be the final year where physical sales are significant.

"For the last remaining stores that sell CDs, this is the last Christmas that CDs will be in stores," he predicts. "It's f*cking scary."

However, he the Black Eyed Peas are embracing online music delivery; following the successful viral campaign for will.i.am's "Yes We Can" song backing Barack Obama's Presidential campaign.

"We're just finishing the songs and collaborating with the software guys," says will.i.am, who said he wants Black Eyed Peas' music to be interactive, offering embedded information and even "songs within songs" when the user clicks on a pop-up.

"I'm tired of making songs for the radio and for MTV," he says. "You should make songs for where songs are actually being listened and played. We have new people -- software programmers. They are just as important as me, apl.de.ap, Taboo and Fergie. That's us, the visual members.

"But nowadays it isn't just physical with music and content anymore -- you have to have proprietary software. Just borrowing other people's sh*t doesn't empower the growth and how you monetize that content, so that's why it's important that we got a software guy that is part of the Peas."

Billboard.

About time for the new album!

Thanks
    I'm so looking forward to this. I just love so many BEP songs, and they're so timeless. I could listen to a song like "Where Is the Love" over and over again for 10 years. And they're sooooo fun live

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gretch For This Useful Post:

Lana is offline i'm gonna fight for you tonight. close your eyes. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness. Lana has acheived ultimate freshness.
    Thanks
    Should be interesting to see what the end result is.

Chalk it up to lessons learned
    Miles walked and bridges burned
    Just another memory in the back of my mind
    Lock it up, throw away the key
    Forget the things you promised me
    Just another thing I can't forget
    Just another thing I won't forget

Thanks
    I'm not really crazy about his comments about not making songs for radio. Not that I expect every song to be insanely catchy and commercial, but I would atleast like the singles to be something that radio will play.

Kel Guest
    Black Eyed Peas has always been my favourite band and like Gretch said, I feel like I could listen to their songs forever. As a matter of fact if I had to choose one CD I had to listen to til the rest of my life, then it would be one of theirs, or Will.i.am's solo album.
    So, needless to say, I am looking forward to this album

Thanks
    "For the last remaining stores that sell CDs, this is the last Christmas that CDs will be in stores," he predicts. "It's f*cking scary."
    I don't think so, I just don't think so, they still make sells, I would only pull them out if like, the ecomny meltdown went even more down

I am excited about this if its going to be creative I'm bound to love it they were indie originally

BritneyFanForever

Thanks
    I don't think he meant that the songs wont be commercial -- i think he was referring to the mode of delivery...being creative and putting stuff out there virtually and not focusing on radio airplay as being the defining factor.

Britney Fan Forever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mario For This Useful Post:

Nico (10-22-2008)

Thanks

*grabs his CD collection and cries*

Thanks
    I didn't expect to love this album so much... but I do!
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

Thanks
    The album will only open with 190-215k in the US!
    Seems they're having a bit of a Rihanna effect with the album :/
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

+ Reply to Thread