+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stretching out clothes

Thanks

Stretching out clothes

I know this won't help me now since I'm about to leave....lol

I'm going through this, "I'm gonna lose weight so I'm not buying new clothes" thing. I have most of my shirts that fit still and most of my jeans. BUT....my jeans are a little tight. It's uncomfortable....i can't work out yet (for another 2 weeks)...but when I do this thread'll be pointless...haha for me at least.

So I'm walking around (thank God no one's awake) witrh my pants by my knees (literally) walking bow legged to stretch them out. lmao I know that sounds so stupid, but...I want them more "lose". I'm so used to wearing "stretchy pants" like gym pants, so now I'm like ugh! It's a good realization that I need to lose weight. lol

What do you do to stretch out your clothes? With my shirts I kinda "pull" on them before they go on...

I might be the only one that stretches my clothes. I just refuse to buy new clothes. It's my motivation to lose weight. Like I said it's not like STICKING to my body, it's just....a little tight and uncomfy.

Kel Guest
    HAHAA!!

I rarely need to stretch my clothes lol, but when I do, then I just pull them a bit. I don't think I have ever done that with pants, actually I think the pants get looser the more I wear them lol. I think the only things I have ever needed to be stretched a bit were sweaters and polos, but I don't wear those things much anymore.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kel For This Useful Post:

Angel (09-20-2008)

Thanks
    I don't know, but I have uniform pants that are a little tight. Sometimes when I put them on it's hard to zip and button them properly.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Tiffany~ For This Useful Post:

Angel (09-20-2008)

Beth is offline Stars in our eyes cuz we're having a good time Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness.
    Watervliet, New York, United States, 1.04004759636E+14, Watervliet, New York
    Thanks
    I don't know if there are any techniques, lol, but I always wear new jeans around the house because I know how AE jeans like to stretch. If I buy the ones that fit in the store, I'll be swimming in them after a month, so I drop down a size, and wear them with longer tops, or just around the house, for a few days- no one in public needs to be seeing my muffin top, lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Beth For This Useful Post:

Angel (09-20-2008)

Thanks
    Haha I feel ya beth. That's why I'm like crap I need to stretch these out! They're AE too! Mine used to stretch the longer I wore them (note used to-hahahaha). Um, not so much anymore. I'm a chunky monkey. I cannot WAIT until my tattoo heals and I can toss on socks and hit the gym.

I can't wear my pants for "days at a time". Someone told me to take them off and don't wash them and wear them another day, but...I dunno, I'm anal about that stuff.

But then I heard if you don't dry them, you take them out the washer and just hang them the way you want, they'll form that way and they don't "tighten". I dunno how myth or not that is.

+ Reply to Thread