+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Girls Aloud - Sixth album anticipation thread!

Thanks

Girls Aloud - Sixth album anticipation thread!

NEW SINGLE PREMIERS THIS SUNDAY!!!

Girls Aloudís 19th UK single is titled The Promise and will be available to buy in the shops and online as of 27th October. Itís a stormer of a track but donít take our word for it, listen yourselves as The Promise gets itís very first airing on Switch this Sunday. Make sure you tune in to Nick Grimshawís show on Radio 1 from 7pm to hear it.

YES YES YES THIS IS HAPPENING SO FAST! We usually get the name of the track WEEKS before we hear anything else about it.

Thanks
    I can't wait
    The inevitable X-Factor performance should make this a big hit.
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

Thanks
    I wanna hear! But I wonder why Sugababes and Girls Aloud always release new singles and albums almost at the same time? I mean, do they HAVE to compete so fiercely?? It's almost made on purpose from both ways...

Thanks
    LITERALLY ANY MINUTE NOW I CAN'T CONTROL MYSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I can't wait
    The inevitable X-Factor performance should make this a big hit.
    They're already scheduled to perform on the 26th, I believe. Usually judges are banned from performing on the show (which is why Dannii never did so to promote her albums) but Cheryl included it in her contract... I love it, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I wanna hear! But I wonder why Sugababes and Girls Aloud always release new singles and albums almost at the same time? I mean, do they HAVE to compete so fiercely?? It's almost made on purpose from both ways...
    I think it's just to drum up some sort of publicity. They never actually release singles on the same day though. I think it's just a plot to benefit them both .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Samio For This Useful Post:

Nico (09-14-2008)

Thanks
    This is actually a really weird song hahaha. Definitely not the direction I thought they would go in, and totally not what I expected in a million years, but that's how I felt about The Show, Biology, Something Kinda Ooooh, and Sexy! No, No, No.... Girls Aloud are the MASTERS of changing up their sound with every release. I love it.

Last edited by Samio; 09-14-2008 at 08:48 PM.

Thanks
    I love it! its such a great song. but at the same time i'm sort of not sure how to react about it. Its totally 100% not at all in any way the kind of song i thought they would do, and i think thats why i'm sort of weirded out by it, but its a really good song! lol

i guess i was expecting (as were a lot of GA fans) another powerhouse electro stomper like "Something Kinda Ooooh" or "Sexy! No No No", but its good that they went for something new. Its interesting though, that its somewhat in the same vein that Sugababes are going...not entirely and a whole lot better, but still similar - that kind of vintage vibe.

Thanks
    Posted in Media Sharing

I too was expecting an uptempo Girls Aloud classic stomper, but this is so awesome, in a really weird way. I just hope they don't release an album of midtempo songs. When Something Kinda Ooooh was a huge hit they released Tangled Up which only featured about 2 slower songs. Now that Can't Speak French and Call The Shots were so popular, I'm afraid they're going to release an album of songs in the same vein and no club bangers.

I agree about it sounding like the Sugababes, it seems that it's the general direction people are going in at the moment. But 'The Promise' is so much fresher than 'Girls'. There was an interview with Nadine before the premiere and she said they wanted to follow a 60's feel good vibe that's happening in music.

In the interview Nadine also mentioned the album will be released 2 weeks after the single, meaning it'll be out on the 10th of November. Also, they are filming the video today (Monday) and it's going to be character-y and costume-y and in the same vein as Can't Speak French.

Thanks
    I totally get the retro vibe too! But I'm hearing too much of S Club 7 as well... :s

Thanks
    Cheryl on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross. It's weird seeing her interview on her own - she's a lot more subdued and less in your face than when she's with the girls. She talks about them filming the new video a couple of days ago, the x-factor (bad auditions, dealing with Louis and Dannii who have both had feuds with Girls Aloud), and then talks about her personal life in the end. It still kills me that she took Ashley back but I think she handled the questions pretty well and you could tell Jonathan really didn't approve of her decision to stay with Ashley hahaha.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Samio For This Useful Post:

Nico (09-26-2008)

Thanks
    Oh, and Nicola looking drop dead gorgeous yesterday;

+ Reply to Thread