+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Some of your most "popular" meal items.

Thanks

Some of your most "popular" meal items.

So I'm sitting here hungry trying to decide what I want for breakfast...and I was thinking, there's really not a lot to choose from...lol

So what are some of your regular eaten breakfast meals, lunches, dinners, and/or any snacks in between.

Breakfast Choice 1: Cereal
    Breakfast Choice 2: Jack-in-the-Box Ultimate Breakfast Sammich
    Breakfast Choice 3: Scrambled eggs with toast and orange juice/water/apple juice

Lunch Choice 1: Jack-in-the-Box Spicy Chicken Sammich
    Lunch Choice 2: A basic sammich
    Lunch Choice 3: Junk stuff (chips, coke, or eggs rolls/Coke; burrito/Coke)
    (I should start eating healthier lunches)

Dinner Choice 1: Jack-in-the-Box Spicy Chicken Sammich
    Dinner Choice 2: Sammich
    (we don't cook....although I'd like to get more of a "real" dinner with like Pork Loin and Mashed Potatos with Leaks....mmmmm)

It makes me realize how UNHEALTHY I am. lol But it also makes me think of what I need to change/cook/eat "REAL" food.

-goes to make some eggs and orange juice and toast-

Thanks
    We really do rehash the same 4 or 5 meals every week. We always have the same sides with supper which are usually shells n cheese, uncle bens wild rice, and srussel sprouts. We have grilled cube steaks as the meat too many times to count, its our most popular meat item. If I'm not in the mood to cook them on the electric grill, I'll chicken fry it. And we have chicken n dumplings atleast once a week. I like change but my parents hate it and bitch so it's usually the same ole stuff.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleve For This Useful Post:

Angel (09-11-2008)

Thanks
    OMG. Well I work every single damn day all damn day long so my meals are usually the same lol.

Breakfast I have two pieces of toast before I leave for work and then I take a whole container of strawberries and a whole container of raspberries and eat them ALL. So im at meijer like everyday buying fruit.

Lunch I usually have left overs from the night before but it's usually chicken or somethin.

Dinner I usually eat whatever. If im not in until later in the morning at work I will go out to the bar with some friends and grab some food there, or just go home and nuke whatever's in the fridge waiting for me.

I always have fruit and veggies in the fridge though so I stuff my face with it throughout the day.

If I could eat anything I was all damn day i'd eat cheeseburgers and fries for breakfast, thai food for lunch, and blt pizza for dinner.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:

Angel (09-11-2008)

Thanks
    I miss my mom's cooking : / Back home I really didn't eat breakfast, but for lunch I'd either have a sandwhich, tuna melt, grilled cheese, macaroni with butter and cheese, or leftovers. And we had all sorts of stuff for dinner cause my mom loves to cook. My top 10 for dinner would be:
    1)Kibba (Lebanese Dish)
    2)Fried Chicken with fried cubed potatoes
    3)Spaghetti and Meatballs (from scratch)
    4)Roasted Chicken with rice dressing(lebanese too)
    5)Chicken Devan(sp?)
    6)Tacos!!
    7)Shells w/ Pesto
    8)Pasta with real tomatoes and 3 cheese
    9)Raviolis
    10)Cheeseburgers and fries

Oops just remember Solvoki platter too! That would go in between 4 and 5. Some people call it shishkabob too incase you don't know what I am referring too.

Now I am hungry : ( The food isn't too bad here at school though. Every day there is hotdogs/hamburgers/fries and there is a salad bar and then they will have the daily special. Like yesterday they had fried chicken, potato wedges, mac&cheese, and cheesecake for dessert so it was pretty good.
    Are you in?

Living in sin is the new thing...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Taylor For This Useful Post:

Angel (09-11-2008)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleve View Post
    We really do rehash the same 4 or 5 meals every week. We always have the same sides with supper which are usually shells n cheese, uncle bens wild rice, and srussel sprouts. We have grilled cube steaks as the meat too many times to count, its our most popular meat item. If I'm not in the mood to cook them on the electric grill, I'll chicken fry it. And we have chicken n dumplings atleast once a week. I like change but my parents hate it and bitch so it's usually the same ole stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Chen View Post
    OMG. Well I work every single damn day all damn day long so my meals are usually the same lol.

Breakfast I have two pieces of toast before I leave for work and then I take a whole container of strawberries and a whole container of raspberries and eat them ALL. So im at meijer like everyday buying fruit.

Lunch I usually have left overs from the night before but it's usually chicken or somethin.

Dinner I usually eat whatever. If im not in until later in the morning at work I will go out to the bar with some friends and grab some food there, or just go home and nuke whatever's in the fridge waiting for me.

I always have fruit and veggies in the fridge though so I stuff my face with it throughout the day.

If I could eat anything I was all damn day i'd eat cheeseburgers and fries for breakfast, thai food for lunch, and blt pizza for dinner.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's "into the same." I'm always like Oh let's try to make it spicy! How about we BBQ this? How about this/that? And then it's like, "I DON'T WANT TOOOO..." lol So then you're like, "OH YAY!!!!! -fake smile- STEAK AGAIN WITH ANOTHER BAKED POTATO.....-eats it real slow to show you pissed you really are-"

OMG THAI FOOD! That's what kinda made me think of this thread. I have been wanting Thai food for DAYS.....and I think I'm going to get it tonight....lol BLT pizza?!?!?! I wanna try that!?!?!

Ya....maybe I should learn how to cook and experiment. lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one who basically eats the same ish.

But when you think about it, there's not many choices...take dinner for instance: steak, beef (basically the safe), chicken, pork, duck, turkey, fish, lamb...I think that's it?? But I mean, there's less than 10 choices to choose from.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    3)Spaghetti and Meatballs (from scratch)
    4)Roasted Chicken with rice dressing(lebanese too)
    6)Tacos!!
    8)Pasta with real tomatoes and 3 cheese
    THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! I miss that stuff! lol Now a days we don't even cook. We're like, "What's for dinner?" "Make yourself some Ramen or a sammich..." It's like... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? lol It's so aggrvating. And it's because everyone is too lazy to cook. And when we do cook, it's like, "steak potatoes" "pork applesauce" Where's the German Rouladen (???), the homemade sgetti, the BBQ chicken with garlic bread and mashged potatos? Where's the breaded pork chops with the leaks and a real whole meal!?

........-sigh- I need more variety in my life. When my boyfriend was here, ommmmggggg.....best food ever. he would make this spicy hot chicken and rice....and chicken, noodles, veggies...and just.... he can cook....lol Thank God he cooks...(I'm the cleaner). lol

Thanks
    I eat mostly the same things too!

Breakfast: Always cereal, Bran Flakes or Weetabix

Lunch: Either boiled or scrambled eggs or cheese and biscuits

Dinner: Usually something from each food group
    -Salad or some kind of veg
    -Potatoes, a potato thing like wedges or occasionally rice or pasta
    -Chicken or a veggie thing (my mum and sister are vegetarians)

Then in the evening I eat toast and cereal. I seem to get hungriest around 10pm which isn't good!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy For This Useful Post:

Angel (09-11-2008)

Thanks
    I feel so much better. lol I was like, "Damn.........I feel really bland cause I basically eat the same stuff every day...." but I guess tons of people do!

Thanks
    I do because I'm really picky with food, my mum always says I should try new things but I'm quite happy with what I have, she doesn't get it!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy For This Useful Post:

Angel (09-11-2008)

Thanks
    I, too, miss mom's cooking. My grandma's Italian cooking, too. Lord, my mom would make TONS of food- and it was just the two of us lol. I always had friends over, though, so it never went to waste. Now that I live on my own, I love going grocery shopping. On a typical day I eat:

Breakfast: cereal (Cranberry Vanilla Almond Trail Mix is amazing) with soy milk, glass of orange or pineapple juice, and fruit.

Lunch: I either pack lunch or leave campus and eat at my apartment. Usually a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread with white american, lettuce, tomato, some hummus. Mmm.

Dinner: I've been on a fish kick lately. It's just so easy to throw together. I really like Tilapia or Mahi Mahi. I cut up some garlic, parsley, basil and rub it on the fish with olive oil and lemon zest. Pop it in the oven and while that's going I sautee some spinach with garlic. Mmmmm.

OH! I have to share this side dish I came up with the other day. It was amazing-

Bag of yellow, fingerling potatoes
    Half a yellow onion
    Grape (or cherry) tomatoes

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
    Cut the potatoes into wedges. Peel the onion and just break apart so the pieces are long like Fritos.
    Coat everything with olive oil, sea salt, balck pepper, a bit of crushed red pepper, basil, parsley, a squeeze of honey (yep, honey) and the zest/ juice of one lime.

Takes about 20 minutes in the oven. It was SO GOOD.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt S For This Useful Post:

Angel (09-11-2008)

+ Reply to Thread