+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: X Factor 2008

Thanks

X Factor 2008

Anyone watch the premier last night?

I just got done watching it, I kind of loved it and love love love Cheryl as the new judge. I think she's still a tad awkward but from the previews it looks like she gets into it rather quickly.

I loved Rachel, I hope she wins it, but from what Simon said in the helicopter it seems like she'll get a recording contract regardless of where she places so that's good.

LOVED the 4-piece boy band as well - they were great. I didn't understand that one girl Alexandra or whatever who's sob story was something about suicides in her home town? How lame is that? She was so mediocre, everything about her. The one girl who sang 'I'm Your Lady' was gorgeous and her voice was pretty good.

The end was heart-breaking. I watched Popstars: The Rivals and remember Nikk from back then and it's so weird seeing how different him and Cheryl's lives have become since the show. When they played the video of Cheryl on the Tangled Up tour in front of thousands of people and then cut to Nikk performing infront of a room of old people it was crushing. Loved how angry Cheryl got at the situation and how she told the judges they were awful.
    Last edited by Samio; 08-17-2008 at 07:08 AM.

Thanks
    I watched it last night with my friends and we all agreed that we love Cheryl. She's one of those people that you feel like you know even though you might have never met her. And she's honest, so I think she'll be a good judge.

As for the singers, I liked Rachel, she had a really good voice.

The girl who was talking about the suicides, that's been a huge story in the UK because there was like 17 suicides in a really short period in this small town in Wales. They were all really young people and they thought it was some sort of connection between them, like a suicide pact or something. So I understand what she meant about the town having such bad press. I didn't think she was bad either, she just sounded really nervous.

A girl that I know entered X Factor as part of a girl group this year so I'm waiting for her audition to be shown.

Thanks
    How do we like the Top 12? Who's your favorites?

I kind of like them as a whole. I didn't think the guy in the over 25's should have made it through, and I am sad that the family band didn't get it (the three girls and the boy), but otherwise I loved the judges choices.

My absolute favorites are Laura White, JLS, and Rachel Hylton.

The two girlbands have a lot of potential. Girl Band have the potential to be a really fun group, and Bad Lashes remind me a lot of All Saints, but I can't see them both staying in the competition long. One of them is going to go early on.

I'm nearly convinced with Ruth, Diana, and Austin, but I'm going to wait until the live shows to decide whether I like them or not.

Thanks
    ^ Austin annoys the shit out of me. He's such a cry baby, and as Simon put it: Desperate.
    I like Bad Lashes, Rachel, Laura, JLS. Diana and Ruth I think I like.

I think Cheryl has the better category, but I think in this point in time, Rachel is the one to watch.
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

Thanks
    I'm not sure of all their names, I like Alexandra, she has a great voice, I like that girl with the kind of different voice, the one who ad libs a lot. She's a bit more interesting than some of the bland singers. I thought JLS were great too. I'm not at all keen on that woman with the big fringe, who sang Beautiful and forgot the words. I didn't think her voice was anything special.

Thanks
    Ruth in the bottom two? Excuse me?? That Girlband have to go! I actually saw it all the way through tonight so I know who they all are now. I want JLS to win! Them or Alexandra.

Thanks
    I'm all about Diana, she's fantastic. But I'd be happy if anyone from Cheryl's group wins. That Ricky Gervais lookalike has got to go, he's so boring. I was glad Girlband went, Ruth didn't deserve to be in the bottom two but Danni is a shit mentor so I blame her.

Thanks
    Can't wait for next week, Big Band Week.
    And all the contestants will be singing Maria's 'Hero' on the results show

Diana was my favourite this week, I still want Laura to win though.
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

Thanks
    i want ruth to win! i had a "goosebumps seizure" during purple rain last night. man that womans got it

Sarah Guest
    I'm pretty stuck this year because there's a lot of acts that I love. I think Diana is my favourite, although Alexandra is INCREDIBLE, but she's just a little less original. I also LOVE JLS, and I'm quite fond of Ruth (but I do have a distinct weakness for anything Spanish). I'm so glad Girlband went last week, they didn't deserve to even be in the final at all, if even boot camp. Oooh, Austin was fantastic this week when he sung Billie Jean, I think that was the most professional performance yet by a mile, and his voice really held up well.

If anything I want Cheryl to win more then any of the contestants in particular. I looooooooooooveeee her!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarah For This Useful Post:

Samio (10-20-2008)

+ Reply to Thread