+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LASIK

Thanks
    Tomorrow! dfsljhaskjhakhj I'm so scared.

Thanks
    Goodluck!

I'd love to get this done as I hate wearing glasses, and contacts are annoying but it's too risky and I'm a chicken.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JellyBean For This Useful Post:

Angel (08-20-2008)

Thanks
    WHAT IF YOU CAN NEVER SEE US AGAIN!?!?!?!?! good luck bb

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:

Angel (08-20-2008)

Thanks
    Good luck, Angel!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Tiffany~ For This Useful Post:

Angel (08-20-2008)

Thanks
    I think about that every day Scott. lol I go in at 10:30 CST

Thanks
    GOOD LUCK!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:

Angel (08-21-2008)

Thanks
    -copy and paste from myspace-

So this morning I was fine up until 30 minutes before it was time to go. Then I started shaking and crying because I was so nervous.

Once there, I cried up until they called my name....and cried even harder. I was so scared about being blind, feeling stuff, etc.

So then....they gave me the Valium, numbed my eyes, gave me like 5 drops of crap, cleaned my eyes. Then....i sat and waited alone for the Valium to kick in. One girl was ahead of me.

When they called my name....I started freaking again. I was still nervous, but I wasn't shaking or anything cause the Valium. So they bring me in, put me in this dentist looking chair, cover me up, give me this doll to hold on to.

They tape my eyes and all that....put this this thing in my eye to hold my eyes open. They cut me, did it, and then did my other eye.

Okay...so....it wasn't bad. What the worst thing was was them cutting the flap. My vision was blurry then completely black. It was so hard mentally to know that I was awake...and "seeing" it, but then it all goes pitch black. I started squirming...they had to hold my arms and legs....I was a wreck when they cut the flaps. The doctor jocked they should have given me two Valiums. I was like, "I told you!" lol Once the laser started, I was okay again....but the smell was HORRIBLE. I'm glad I only ate a bagel this morning or else there woulda been puke everywhere.

Same thing with my other eye. My left eye I frealed out a lot more about for some reason (the second eye).

Once done, they walked me to a room. Everything was still blurry. I could read some things here and there, but they said it'll be blurry for a couple days.

So I go home, go to sleep. I wake up like 30 minutes to an hour into it with a BURNING feeling. I wanted to cry SO bad. But I was so worried I'd mess something up I just kinda screamed here and there....and fussed....Eventually I fell back asleep. I woke up around 2:00 to put in my eyedrops....that's when I noticed a blood clot looking thing. It's nothing major....it just looks like the beginning to an infection, which IF I stay on top of my eyedrops, I should be fine. Plus they're seeing me tomorrow anyways, I should be fine.

Overall, it was good....just mentally hard. I made the mistake of watching the videos. I should have not done that cause the entire time I kept picturing what was going on. I would definately recommend it to anyone who really needs it-only if you are "strong" enough mentally to handle it. I almost walked away. It was hard....I'm not gonna lie. I'm glad I'm able to see. I'm glad it's over, but it was really tough for me...

So hopefully when I go in tomorrow they'll tell me I'm fine and....ya....that blood crap'll go away.

Beth is offline Stars in our eyes cuz we're having a good time Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness.
    Watervliet, New York, United States, 1.04004759636E+14, Watervliet, New York
    Thanks
    OMG I'm totally wearing contacts forever.
    Congrats to you for making it through it, though!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Beth For This Useful Post:

Angel (08-21-2008)

Thanks
    lol It wasn't so bad....I mean looking back, I definately freaked more than I should have, but the worst part was creating the flap....cause one minute I could see, the next it was pitch black and I felt the pressure of the thing cutting. And ya, it's major pressure....I almost started screaming. lol If I didn't watch the videos, I would have totally been fine, I think. Everything else was easy. The smell was REALLY bad...then on my right eye my flap didn't close right so they had to lift it and redo it....

I'm so glad it's over. I'm so glad I can see (and see better over the next couple days). I'm so "proud" of myself. lol It was really mentally hard though....harder than I was expecting.

Thanks
    You're OK to be on the computer so soon after the procedure?

+ Reply to Thread