+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Thanks
    Haha, it is. They better keep her line in the final movie.

Thanks
    I saw it again on Thursday and it was better the second time. I absolutely love the part where Harry does the pincers and all things Cormac and Lavender and Luna and I think Draco is so perfect. I still think the fire at the Burrow scene was unnecessary though I do think Helena Bonham Carter is absolutely perfect as Bellatrix and the part where she swirls and appears in front of the fire is one of my favorite images in the whole movie.

I hate every attempt to make the relationship between Dumbledore and Harry seem casual. "You need to shave Harry" and "I thought perhaps you and Miss Granger..." are totally out of character and also completely pointless. In the books they are close but comments like that are very strange, IMO.

Make me your Freshie Idol!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Brett For This Useful Post:

Gretch (07-25-2009)

Thanks
    OMG. Just saw it today and I loved it. I still think "Order of the Phoenix" is the best of the films, although HBP is my favorite of the books.

A lot of the changes from the book annoyed me, but it didn't take away from the story so I still ended up enjoying the film. It just changed things a little bit. The Burrow burning was a REALLY cool scene, actually. I wonder where the wedding will be in the next film?

The ending was SO sad. Every time I read it in the book, I cry, haha. No different for the movie! I liked how it ended. I mean, it was a DARK ending and really sets the tone for the next films.

Oh, the Inferi creeped me the eff out! OMG.

And Lavender was my favorite part of the movie. Draco really impressed me too. I really felt so sorry for him by the end of the movie, same as the book. I liked what they did with Snape at the end too, to sort of hint that he's not all bad.

Thanks
    So I've just finished watching it.
    Yes, I know... Very late to the party!!

LOVED the fire at the burrow. And the ensuing fight. Didn't like how it was never mentioned again! I would have thought the Weasley's family home being burnt to the ground would have been something pretty major!

But yes, brilliant film. Positively creaming myself for last 2 instalments! If my memory serves me correctly, the first film should basically be the trio apparating all over the place, being chased by death eaters and searching for horcruxes So it should be very action packed.
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

+ Reply to Thread