+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Thanks
    I need to find someone to go with me!

Thanks
    just popped in to say i just saw the midnight screening. i loved it!!! it's a lot darker then the other ones but i still thought it was brilliant.
    Are you in?

Living in sin is the new thing...

Thanks
    I'm so bummed my friends and I couldn't go to a midnight screening! But I think I'm going tomorrow night at like 10. I'm SO EXCITED I've been re-reading the book.

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    Off topic, but did I tell you guys I've seen Daniel completely naked? I saw him in 'Equus'....I'd do him. It's hard to focus on Harry Potter now though, because I'm always reminded what's under the robe. Haha.

Anyways...I can't wait to see this film!

Britney Fan Forever.

Thanks
    For some reason it never even occurred to me that i had not actually seen the Harry Potter movies! I don't know why. I saw the first film in theaters back when it came out (quite a few times actually), but i just recently realized that have never seen any of the movies after that. I have seen bits and pieces of "Chamber Of Secrets", "Prisoner Of Azcaban" and "Goblet Of Fire", when my sister would watch them, but never in their entirety.

Anyways, my sister decided to re-watch all the movies in preparation for the Half Blood Prince, and so i decided to join her, and finally see them. Needless to say, i absolutely LOVED them. I cannot believe i had never watched them. For so many years i just couldn't be bothered...movies or books, but the movies were so great. As it turns out, i had seen over half of the second movie. I suppose i was paying more attention when my sister would watch that one? Its kind of funny, as i have only read the first book, and about half of the second book, as well.

So now, I am extremely excited for the new one, even though i probably wont get a chance to see it, at least not for a while. But having seen 4 movies that were essentially brand new to me, all in a row, i think i can hold out. "Order Of The Phoenix" was fantastic enough to do me for a while.

Thanks
    I'm going on Friday I think! Gonna get the tickets a day early though probably so I can avoid the lines and hopefully get a good seat! CANNOT WAIT.

Thanks
    Saw it last night- SO GOOD! Easily the best movie of the series so far. It was really funny in some parts, scary and incredibly sad in others. The special effects were amazing. I pretty much loved everything about it, except:

Spoiler:
    Since I haven't read the book yet, my friends informed me the scene where the death eaters attack Harry at the Weasley's during Christmas and burn their house to the ground is not in the book at all. It just doesn't make any sense to the plot and couldn't been left out completely. There was a LOT of the book left out from what they told me.

I can't wait for the next movie!

Thanks
    Soo I saw it last night. It was okay. But I wasn't a huge fan, it made me too mad. I couldn't BELIEVE all of the plot changes, unnecessary things they added, and all the things they didn't include.

Spoiler:
    -The Burrow catching on fire and Bellatrix & Narcissa showing up there at Christmas?!?!?! OKAY THEN. My friends and I were looking at each other like "UMMM... This isn't a thing. This isn't real."
    -How the movie began.... Harry picking up girls at the train station???
    -NO RUFUS SCRIMOGEOUR?! At all. period.
    -None of the stuff with the Gaunts in the pensive was shown, which is my favorite part of the book
    -All of the Hermione/Cormac/Ron/Lavender and then Harry/Ginny stuff was SO MESSED UP. Hermione and Harry never gushed about their feelings like that or admitted to liking who they liked in the book. Also Ginny & Harry didn't kiss in the common room after quidditch Probably because they showed basically NO QUIDDITCH.
    -Dumbledore never told Harry how to destroy the Horcruxes. PROBLEM.

This movie was definitely the most frustrating to me, as a huge fan of the books. I think it was even more tough because I am in the middle of reading that book right now, so I had a million details floating around in my head. I have been basically okay with all of the changes they made in the first 5 movies, but for some reason the changes in this one were just toooooooo much. I know they have to cut stuff out for time, but they could have been much more efficient in those 2 1/2 hours with what they focused on for sure.

I was definitely still entertained and everything. I loooved Cormac

Thank you to BRITTANY from c-u.org

^It's for a contest... click??

Thanks
    Got 2 tickets for tonight at 7!

Oh and Gretch I know what you mean. That happened to me when I read My Sister's Keeper right before seeing the film. The whole time I kept comparing the two and it was difficult to actually enjoy the film for what it was. That's why I absolutely REFUSE to read any of the Potter books right before the movie because I know I will just get frustrated with the differences they made and won't actually get to enjoy it.

Thanks
    I can't imagine how people see these movies without reading the books first. I would be soooo lost. They left out so much really important detail that is essential knowledge for the last movie.

Spoiler:
    I honestly don't know how Harry would be able to finish Voldemort off in the next movie(s) after this one. He doesn't know half the shit he needs to know! They didn't talk about how many horcruxes there are in total or what they could be or where they might be hidden. Total bs. And then they show shit like Malfoy standing infront of that stupid cupboard for ages and give away what he's up to when that's supposed to be the big surprise. Harry even fucking lets a bird out of it in the Room of Requirement and doesn't realize? Yeah right. Just slightly too obvious.

And I just knew there would be a slow motion death sequence. They did it for Sirius and I almost thought we escaped it with Dumbledore, but of course they have to show him slow motion falling. And then they don't even have a funeral for him!? Oh let's just hold our wands up to the sky, that's the same. And what about the cave where the horcrux? It was all cubes of plastic...but there's a picture of it on the back of the 6th book and it's just flat and stone. The image of Dumbledore with the flames was exactly how I'd always imagined it though. That being said, Harry never gave Dumbledore water to revive him, and Dumbledore never had the discussion about Inferi so we didn't know what all those creepy Gollum looking things were, and we didn't know that heat and light is the way to defeat them. Harry falls into the water??? WTF was that about? So dramatic and unnecessary.

I wanted Rufus Scrimgeour too because Harry never had the chance to tell him he was "Dumbledore's man through and through" (possibly my favourite moment of the 6th book is when Dumbledore and Harry discuss that conversation.

Haha, anyway, clearly I had lots of complaints and there are many more, but I do like to see the movies for what they are, no matter how much they leave out. I know what the real story is and how and why it all happens...I just mostly feel bad for the people who don't know the whole story. I really think a lot of the casting is superb though. Loved Slughorn, Lavender, McClaggen, Luna, and Hermione especially.

Make me your Freshie Idol!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brett For This Useful Post:

CatchMeJosh15 (07-18-2009), Gretch (07-17-2009)

+ Reply to Thread