+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: The Strangers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazel View Post
    Well it made me jump a few times, & didn't that girl said because it's our home or something, isn't that an explanation? & besides it's based on a real story right? if they never knew what happened in real life maybe they didn't want to just make up one
    No, she said "because you were home", implying that they were terrorizing random people. I usually like movies that leave things to the imagination, but in this case it just didn't work, in my opinion.

Thanks
    I'm just confused about the end... I so PM'ed Ang about it Ang is my go to gal Not entirely confused, but somewhat confused. I forget how to black out my words, so I won't write what I was gonna say

Thanks
    So. we went to see the movie and didn't end up really seeing it.

The theater is in our old town (and this is why we moved) and it's getting more "hood". Which is a shame. anyway, there was a racial spat and a actual fight in the theater.

The young black hood guy's were talking on their cell phones and if you told them to "shh" they would spit on you. They ended up spitting on this 40 year old white man and this young white man got up and they started fighting.

Now it wouldn't be about race but the totally ghetto black people who were spitting on people (which is insane) started actually spitting on more white people just to get them upset.

My husband (who used to be a cage fighter actually) ended up almost going to jail because one of the guy's was about to spit on me and my husband punched him.

It was sad. It really was the white's against blacks which is also sad but these particular people wanted it that way. They had no respect.

So instead of seeing a scary movie we had not only a racial debate but fist fights in the theater.

This behavior is what makes the intelligent normal black people cringe.

Not a good theater experience.

Thanks
    Just saw it earlier. It's not good at all. I think "The House on the Left" or even "The Vacancy" was way better. The thing I love though is Liv's acting. She is really believable acting scared. The audio is fantastic. The knocking sounds and the screams sounded so well.

The thing I hated is that I find both characters unrealistically too weak and scared or just plain dumb. Is it that hard to fight back?
    I also hate how when "the strangers" removed their masks seems to have no purpose at all.

Thanks
    I'm with you on the mask thing. I was talking to Ang, and she said what I was thinking. I thought it was going to be someone they KNEW. And that would be the reason for taking off the masks. But we didn't see their faces, and they obviously weren't people they knew, so that was pointless.

Like I was telling Ang, I liked it... it wasn't as super dooper as I thought but I liked it. My reasoning for liking it is it didn't scare me while watching it, but late at night when you go to bed and start hearing noises it scares me

I loved Vacancy until the end. I'm still mad about that one.

+ Reply to Thread