+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: FOTM

Thanks
    ^ why not

Thanks
    You know what? I just don't know what the big deal is... If you people receive PMs from people asking you to vote for them, then you're free to follow this or not.
    Last edited by Anthony; 03-27-2008 at 03:36 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony For This Useful Post:

Jonathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    You know what? I just don't know what the big deal is... If you people receive PMs from people asking you to vote for them, then you're free to follow this or not.
    I agree, but at the same time, I don't think you should ask. It just gives the impression that you want attention or that you think that you deserve to win when maybe you don't or at least you shouldn't say that you do because that can kind of sound rude and selfish. I don't know, I would just rather have someone nominate and vote for me without asking/telling them to. It just makes the whole thing seem more special. It would just be more meaningful if someone did that for me at random and
    not just because I mentioned it.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 03-27-2008 at 03:54 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:

Ale (03-27-2008)

Thanks
    Seriously, you need to just win because people really want you to be it. Don't be desperate and ask for it.

*sigh* FOTM is awarded not given.

LOL. No, but seriously, it's ridiculous.

Britney Fan Forever.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mario For This Useful Post:

Ale (03-27-2008), Arti (03-28-2008)

Thanks
    Anthony, what Mario said.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nico For This Useful Post:

Anthony (03-27-2008)

Thanks
    Spotlight a Freshie FTW!
    I f I s a i d I w a n t y o u r b o d y n o w
    WOULD YOU HOLD IT AGAINST ME

CandyStranger Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Seriously, you need to just win because people really want you to be it. Don't be desperate and ask for it.

*sigh* FOTM is awarded not given.

LOL. No, but seriously, it's ridiculous.
    I just dont see the reason why people here that are (more) arctive dont win this award, while other rarely online (team-)members win it (also famous). It just doesnt seem to be right in my perspective/view/opinon.

Thanks
    ^ That claim holds litle to no validity?! If the users are 'hardly' online' then how are they even known enough to be nominated for the awards...let alone WIN?

And the whole 'famous' things makes even LESS sense to me...its not like anyone on here is a 'celebrity' or anything! I think the vast majority of the members here are known equally throughout the boards (unless theyre a new member nobody has talked to) so the whole 'fame' thing is pointless.
    - D A V E -

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave For This Useful Post:

Jonathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hypnose
    I just dont see the reason why people here that are (more) active dont win this award, while other rarely online (team-)members win it
    I don't agree with what you said, but I think you have it backwards. It's usually the more active members that do win the award and why shouldn't they? The award is not given based on popularity, but why would you give something to someone you barely know? That's why the more active members are likely to win because everyone knows them more than others. Actually, some of the active members still haven't won and I think some of the less active have.

I think FOTM is SLIGHTLY based on who someone likes, but I don't think it has anything to do with favoritism or popularity. People are going to (or at least should) vote for the person who contributed to forums the most during a certain month. It's
    not just because they favorite them or because that person is "popular". I think some may vote just for who they like, but
    I don't think it's done in a "I'm voting for you just because..." kind of way.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 03-27-2008 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks

Question

I really don't think this whole thing should be taken that seriously... I mean don't get me wrong I love these boards but, it is JUST an award in a message board... you know?

+ Reply to Thread