+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Discover & Download section

Thanks

Discover & Download section

I know Brett has a lot of artists he would love to share with everyone, but unfortunately nobody really visits it. I think we need to a D&D subforum in the Music section. I would love to upload and share some of my artists as well. I think it would be a good idea. I thought I would suggest it. I think if it had it's own subforum it would get a lot more attention.

~Dave thanks so much for the orgasmic theme! ~

Thanks
    Sounds good in theory, but we've had threads where you post an unknown artist and people just post the music, I don't think many people actually listened to it
    COOCHIE COOCHIE
    COOCH COOCH COOCH

Thanks
    ^ I know, but that's my point. I think if it had it's own sub forum people would notice it more, and actually visit it. But what do you have to lose right? If it becomes a ghost down you can always get rid of it. Just a suggestion.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:

Jonathan Guest
    Sounds like a good idea, but yeah...I think it'd flop. Not many people are into actually taking the time to listen to
    someone that they are not familiar with or who is not well known or widely famous. Plus, I personally, would rather
    not try to get into an artist that is not very popular or who won't be releasing a lot of material. Would just seem a
    little pointless to listen to like one or two albums over and over again. lol

Thanks
    ^well too bad cuz I think there are tons of not-so-known artists/bands out there that have better music than the over-popular ones and they do deserve some attention that probably they won't get because most people won't give them a chance.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to marc For This Useful Post:

Jonathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marc
    well too bad cuz I think there are tons of not-so-known artists/bands out there that have better music than the over-popular ones and they do deserve some attention that probably they won't get because most people won't give them a chance.
    I agree, but even if people gave them a chance, they need publicity. They need to be out
    there making more than like one or two albums and they need to perform in major areas
    instead of some small places. In a way, you have to be famous to be liked by a lot of people.

Thanks
    If you're only interested in an artist because of how popular they are, that's pretty sad. Maybe they HAVE more material than what you can buy in a store, you just have to do a little research and download them off Archive.org or find some of their rare songs off fan sites.

Example- if you were to walk into a CD store and look up Jason Mraz, you would see three albums, including a live CD/DVD. What you probably aren't aware of is he has HUNDREDS of songs that aren't on studio releases, but are readily available to you if you are willing to look for them.

I think this is an awesome idea, Vincent. Sadly, I don't think it'd be worth the effort because there are only a handful of people who are really interested in expanding their music collection.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt S For This Useful Post:

Vincent (02-19-2008)

Thanks
    ^ Yeah, I understand. Just a suggestion. I agree with what you said too. Popularity is meaningless to me. If I love their music than that is that. I thought that comment was really shallow but whatever.

Jonathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt S
    Sadly, I don't think it'd be worth the effort because there are only a handful of people who are really interested in expanding their music collection.
    Yeah, it is sad. I wouldn't mind expanding my collection and I sometimes find new things, which is cool, but like I said...for other people, there's
    not that many who are into actually taking the time to listen to someone that they are not familiar with or who is not well known. However, if their music is good, than I don't really care how popular or known they are.

I agree with both of you, but you misunderstood what I meant and I never said I liked an artist based on
    popularity. I just meant that some unknown artists need publicity, so other people can enjoy them as well.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 02-19-2008 at 03:25 AM.

Thanks
    ^ I gotcha!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread