+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Wonderland for Sarah Michelle Gellar?!

Thanks

No Wonderland for Sarah Michelle Gellar?!

Sarah Michelle Gellar has been yanked as the title character in Alice, PageSix.com has learned. The former Buffy the Vampire Slayer star was to headline in the latest "Eat me, Drink me" flick inspired by Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland stories. But now a source tells PageSix.com that casting directors are in talks with another actress, former Lost star Maggie Grace.

Ironically, Grace, 24, is currently starring opposite Gellar, 30, in Suburban Girl, alongside Alec Baldwin. Though no contract has been signed, Grace was always director Marcus Nispel's second choice, according to sources. The movie, based on the computer game American McGee's Alice, is slated for release next summer.
    The story picks up Alice's tale a few years after her first adventures in Wonderland. She's now a disturbed young woman mourning the death of her parents as she returns to the land of talking animals and the wicked Queen of Hearts.

But fear not, Buffy fans, all is not lost. According to recent reports, everyone's favorite vampire slayer might be set for a small-screen return. "Never say never," Gellar's rep, Leslie Sloane-Zelnick, tells us.
    PageSix.com can also confirm that Gellar has been offered guest roles on several existing cable and network TV shows.

PAGE SIX

EW! So not cool.

Thanks Beth!

Thanks
    Bull fucking shit! I hope it's not true! I was hoping to see Sarah in this movie!

~Dave thanks so much for the orgasmic theme! ~

Thanks
    I thought it was already filmed and was ready for release this Summer?!

But um Maggie Grace?!?

Beth is offline Stars in our eyes cuz we're having a good time Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness. Beth has acheived ultimate freshness.
    Watervliet, New York, United States, 1.04004759636E+14, Watervliet, New York
    Thanks
    I don't care who is in it, I just want this movie to come out already! It's been in the works for like 4 years now.

Thanks

Exclamation hmm...

American Mcgee’s ALICE, a video game released by Electronic Arts, may have been one of the best premises for a game in a really long time. Release in 2000, the game takes place after the events in ALICE IN WONDERLAND and the second adventure, THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS, which finds Alice institutionalized because people think that she’s crazy. But then the White Rabbit comes back to her and asks her to save Wonderland from the crazed Red Queen.

Bad ass right? Well for the talk of a film has been passed around for years, with many people attached to it but like all good things in Hollywood, the idea slowly faded away...until now.

According to the Hollywood North Report, Universal Pictures is gearing up to make the film based on the game.

Universal Pictures and Collision Entertainment are prepping for the film Alice, based on the video game American Mcgee’s Alice.

The horror fantasy film will shoot in Langley, BC starring actress Sarah Michelle "Buffy" Gellar as ’Alice’.

Director is Marcus Nispel, from a script by Erich and Jon Hober, based on author Lewis Carroll’s "Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass".

http://www.whedon.info/Sarah-Michell...vie,24983.html

Thanks Beth!

Thanks
    OMG I love that game. Hope it's true. I think SMG will be better. Maggie Grace is just not a great actress IMO. She's so whinny and blonde..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to marc For This Useful Post:

Matty (12-04-2007)

+ Reply to Thread